Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Casaloma

Report: Island Lake- Off The Schnide...

6 posts in this topic

I had fished for a day & 1/2 without an 'eye... That don't happen too much on our neighbor lake...

Got off the schnide on Island...

I stayed the course Friday & steered to Island when Minnowetts came. Neglecting the pannie bite on the unnamed res. lake nearby, we got solid eye action in 18' tword the afternoon.

I got to fish Friday from 2 to 10:30 & was getting frustrated with all the #$@% I was throwing at fish that were not where I was... confused.gif

As the day wore on we found a nice bottleneck that dropped to 24' & happily got several eyes.

I want to tell the story about the one that got off, it was REAL BIG, but OutdoorRan would be bored sick with another excuse from me.

Try jigging in moderate depths, we weren't afraid to hit 20+ ( or 7' for that matter )to find the ones that wanted to bite. Leeches better than crawlers.

Cas, thanks for the report.

Greg, you still losing them walleyes smirk.gif Pretty soon were going to have to start calling you Northlander grin.gif Good thing I never lose any fish wink.gif

What you doing for the 4th?

Oh no you didnt Ran! Just remember you were the only one to lose a fish the other day. It was a slob too. At least 16#'s of laker. LOL. wink.gif

Casa you need to sign up for the Hawg Walleye Contest on Island the last weekend in July. You surely would win something with your knowledge of lake.

Steve I think I will fish it as well I do not lose to many confused.gif. Sounds fun I will be there smirk.gif.

What weekend is it?