Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stratosman

June 28th report

2 posts in this topic

Found my way to the river again last evening (what a wonderful evening it was!) Tried a reliable walleye spot and righ off the get go landed a nice 15" sauger, thought to myself it's going to be a good night, after that we proceeded to catch no less than 35 smallies from 12" to 19", they were just hammering the bait, thought about moving to find the eyes but we were having so much fun we decided to stay put, I'm sure the walleyes were there, but the smallies were getting to our presentations first. The bite died down about 8:30, then we starting picking up a few walleyes on crawlers and leeches from 14'-24' worked real slow. Boated about 6 or 7 eyes, nothing big but fun. Highlight was a 40" sturgeon my buddy landed on 6 lb test! Fun times and plan on hitting it Sunday bright and early!

Good luck out there Saturday!

Way to go stratosman sounds like you had a blast, I'll be out bright and early as usual, I'm taking my son the marine out in the morning, sounds like it will be nice!