• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Caught a few a week ago Sunday night, several dinks, but a couple in the 16-18" range. Went out Saturday morning & caught junk fish, 8-9 little bass, perch, sunfish, rock bass... I didn't fish the same spot I caught walleyes on before, I was looking for new spots. I was fishing the deep edges of the deep weedlines on both outings. The deeper humps that I checked, only a couple, were completely bare.

I SPENT SATURDAY EVENING AND SUNDAY AM ON THE LAKE - THE WALLEYES WERE IN A FEEDING FRENZY! NO TROUBLE CATCHING FISH - LIKE AN EARLIER POST - HOOK COLOR AND BEAD COLOR SEEMED TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. ALSO CAUGHT FISH ON JIGS. 36 FEET OF WATER BEFORE THE SUNSET (9.00 PM) AND THEN FOLLOWED THEM UP THE BREAK TO THE TOP. PLENTY OF YEAR CLASSES OF FISH 10" ON THE SMALL END AND 27" ON THE LARGE END.

IT'S TO BAD I WONT GET BACK UP FOR 3-4 WEEKS.

Hey Regah, I think you could catch fish in a bath tub!

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any Bars or Restaurants on the lake? We are going to be up there all day on Friday and will need to come in to get some food. Also, how are the walleyes biting up there? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

You can get a great burger and a beer at Jim & Judy's. They are located right along Hwy. 29, across the road from the east side of the lake.

Speaking of Jim and Judy's, does anybody know what all the construction is for on the west side of 29 just north of Jim and Judy's?

We were looking at that over the last week & decided they're making improvements to the golf course. At first I thought it was a housing development, but my brother-in-law, who actually golfs & has golfed there before, thought it looked like they were working on #8 & #9. That's just speculation, no actual known facts.

You can also get some great food and a cold beer at the Leaf Valley Mercantile. They are located on county road 6 jsut off the west side of the lake.

The town of Miltona and Leaf Valley have some good places to eat. Also, a little way from Leaf Valley is the twon of Millerville with a nice small restaraunt.

I believe the construction is for homes on one side of 29...and addition to the golf course on the other side...but I am not 100% sure.

I believe you're correct on that. I only answered about the West side because I thought that was the question, but that's sure how it looks to me.

Thanks for the heads up on the construction fellas. I'm heading up to Miltona for the weekend, has anyone had any success on the Walleyes lately? How deep?

Thanks for the help

Yes very shallow in the weeds all year catching them very good.

Crop,

I'd imagine you've been fishing the evening bite then? I might be out friday evening, but saturday evening for sure.

Are you a west end or east end guy?

No night fishing all before sunset and during day. been a strange year.