• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ground Speed on iFinder

Deep_Sinker

Question

I have and love my Lowrance iFinder H20 C. smile.gif However, is there a minimum ground speed reading? Last weekend, I was trying to monitor my trolling speed and could not keep a reading at the slow speed, somewhere between 0.80 and 1.30 mph. It would work and then it would cut out. Most of the time it didn't work at all. frown.gif Is there a setting to improve the accuracy of this reading or any other suggestions? I would love to be able to control my trolling speed.

3 answers to this question

I've noticed the same thing on my H2Oc. I haven't tried messing with it, but it'd be cool if someone knew the answer!

My older Magellan Meridian seems to work below that speed, but the readings are not always stable. Rocking of the boat, etc., all cause the speed reading to fluctuate some tenths of MPH when going that slow.

I have an H2O and it will go down to .5mph for me when trolling. When your doing the readings, make sure you're acturally moving(got mad once at it until I figured out the wind was nuetralizing me) and your sataliet signals are strong enough. To get a good reading going slow you will need more sataliets.