Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Central Bassman

Lake Odowd

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever been on this lake fishing?? Bass or pike?? smile.gif

Fished O'Dowd about a month ago. Managed a few bass, the largest being 16 inches. We saw a few bigger bass still on the beds, they weren't biting. No northerns.

i don't have a boat but i have been off the pier there with suckers and a bobber and i have picked up some northerns.

O'dowd is a good metro lake for bass and definitely pike in the fall. Boat traffic out there is horrendous even on the weekdays so try to get out as early as possible. Outside weed edges and pads have been producing nice bass as of late. If you want a lot more info PM me and I can give you a couple ideas on where to start out.

Svttom01- We can't PM on here but send me and Email!!! smile.gif

Is anyone getting any walleyes there?

Lots of nice fiesty bass...but like mentioned before be out there by 5am on weekends for a parking spot and plan on being off by 9am (lots of waterskiiers). Only about 9 spots unless you feel like walking. In the fall, picked up some nice pike trolling along the road up to the fishing pier. Nice sharp break along there.

i think i might hit it this week some time and go after some bass

I seen there was a bass league out here last thursday!! Was wondering how that fishing was and how many pounds of fish were caught to win?? I know there is someone on here that was fishing in that league!! cool.gif

Quote:

Is anyone getting any walleyes there?

My uncle swears up and down that there are big walleyes in there. However I have fished odowds for 4 years solid now and have never caught a walleye over 8 inches. So it all depends on who you ask, but I would say no!

I've been fishing O'Dowd since '98 and haven't caught a walleye under 24"! laugh.gif

Of course, I've only caught two walleyes in that time and the other was 29". Two biggest 'eyes of my life.

I only target bass and crappies but I know the 'eyes are in there. I caught both of them off a submerged hump near the golf course.

Good Luck smile.gif

I was bass fishing in Thole last year (right across the hwy from odowds) and got a 23" walleye off a spinning lure. I about shat myself as I had no clue Thole had walleyes either.

We trolled odowds until 1am last week thursday and didnt even get a nibble. I'm still hesitant to believe there is a healthy walleye population in odowds

Do you fish on Thole very often? I've never tried it so am not even sure what's in there...bass, crappies, bluegills. confused.gif

I know that when the launch at O'Dowd is full there are hardly any trailers parked on Thole. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime yet this year.

Lots of Bass, Pike, and BULLHEADS!!! Tons of fricking bullheads in that lake. Cant even steal em for catfishing due to the infestation of Eurasion Millfoil. confused.gif It is nice however having a lake so close to home that I can use for test running and timing my equipment without a waiting line behind me.