Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big R

Pulaski

3 posts in this topic

What is going on out there? Haven't been out there for a week or so. Fishing gotten better or worse? I am sure the Rec. boats are out in full force now.

I was thinking of maybe doing some night fisihg for 'eyes. Get the slip bobbers out and maybe do some crank trolling. Does anybody do night fishing out there? I would think the night 'eyes would bite pretty decent out there.

Not during the day. Rec boaters make the fish go into hibernation unless you want to catch rockbass. Night fishing is ok. You just have to know where to go. Check out some of the other post on pulaski.

Ditto - I've been out there twice in the last week. Once in early AM until skier-insanity:O'Clock and once from insanity closure to midnight. Fishing reliably goes in the tank when they come out. Night didn't give me as much action as early AM. With the sunrise at 4:5x AM, you can get a good 5 hours in before the wave pool starts up, even on a Saturday. When all you are catching is Rock Bass and the skiers are out, just go to little pulaski and catch sunnies and bass. For summer walleyes, there's really only three or so high-percentage pieces of structure for slip bobbers not counting the shore break. Cranks are productive if you deep dive them - too shallow, and the snot rockets and rock bass and largemouth are a pain, I would crank on the mid lake structure before the shore break, with the exception of the east shore by the A-frame house, that is an OK spot. This lake is so weird, tho, think deep. You can pull almost anything out of 30+ feet, including sunnies and rock bass. I'm tired of rock bass!