Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyle Sandberg

First Timer!

5 posts in this topic

I will be making my first trip ever to Winni around July 14. By the looks of things, mid lake structure will be key. I got a couple of questions and need some info.

1. I will be coming from GR. What launch (public) will be the best to use and get out on the main lake.

2. Can I get a little idea about what structure is out there?

3. What is the slot limit. Is there one?

Thanks in advance

K Dawg

Quote:

I will be making my first trip ever to Winni around July 14. By the looks of things, mid lake structure will be key. I got a couple of questions and need some info.

1. I will be coming from GR. What launch (public) will be the best to use and get out on the main lake.

2. Can I get a little idea about what structure is out there?

3. What is the slot limit. Is there one?

Thanks in advance

K Dawg

1. I would get a map first and look at several landing sites. so you can play the wind...doesn't take much wind to make huge waves we found out on our trip

2. sand bars and the mid lake humps was where we did our best last week... Bena Bar and Joes hump were good also the humps just a little to the NE of Joes Hump were good...GPS will help out alot here..and getting a map with gps coord...

3. walleye slot is 17-26 released right away and we caught more slot fish then keepers and o yeah 1 over 26 for a trophy

....we did best with red hooks with a colored bead..my favorite was a bright green bead..6-7ft snell

I have an H2o with the lakemaster chip. Thanks for the advice.

I have an H2o with the lakemaster chip. Thanks for the advice. How large is Winni compared to Mille lacs?

its about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of mille lacs