Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Hopper

Need Help-July8th-15th

Hopper

Staying at Arnesens's July 8th- July 15th.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated, this is my first time at LOW. Im reading a lot about the reefs, are people jigging or lindy's, or pulling cranks...

Any help would be appreciated !!!! Thanks Guys

Hopper

bapperpimp

At that time, they will probably be doing all 3. Jigging the reefs should be a good bet. 12 Mile, 2 humps north of 12, 16, Tower, Gull Rock, Little Gull Rock, etc. Some days they like a colored jig and other days they want a plain lindy or maybe even something pulled behind a bottom bouncer. You also see guys pulling riggers with sr-7 rapalas and long lining reef runners. I guess it all depends on what you want to do. I like to fish live bait so I would start jigging/lindying the reefs. If its slow, pull the long lines or the riggers out and cruise the edges in deeper water. Watch your electronics because you should see fish a few feet off the bottom. Adjust the lure running depth accordingly. Good luck.

walleyejon

Perfect advice bapper......almost sounds like Blaine is a suburb of Baudette and you're out everyday.

bapperpimp

You know Walleyejon, the 6 hour drive with 2 kids from Blaine kills me but once I get up there, there's no other place I would rather be. Its tough to beat fishing the rocks. I only get up about 7-8 times per year, but you always have the chance to catch that big one.

walleyejon

Let me know when you're headed up again....I'm a rock hound with children too.

mneyecatcher at yahoo

bapperpimp

WJ, I will let you know. I think 7/18-7/22 is the next trip. Maybe we can meet up and find some fish and find some beers.

Bob