Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenkl

walleye seminar

15 posts in this topic

Good job T O enjoyed the tips hope I learned something.

Go out to try them out.

T.O. Great seminar as always. I learned some new strategies once again and am eager to try them out. smile.gif

Thanks for the compliments. I always enjoy evenings like that even though I'm not on the water. smirk.gif

I learned a heck of a lot about summertime 'eyes! I've never had good luck with walleyes in the heat of the summer, but now I've got some strategies that might actually work. Keep up the good work TO!!! How about a seminar a week? Haha....

Oh, they work. smirk.gif

Every week would be tough just because work and fishing would get in the way. I'd have to give up sleeping. grin.gif

crazy.gif

Ken, thats easy, get your wife a full time job and then you can fish and see wont even know that you were fishing. wink.gif

Nice job TO. Keep the seminars coming. Thanks

shocked.gif

Good job on the Shallow water artificial eyes Seminar. Lots of good stuff there. I figured out how to try to convince my "spinners & minners" co-fisherpersons to try artificials; Let them use a beetle spin tipped with a leech or minner should do the trick.....

Mike VW

That should do it. grin.gif Thanks for coming.

TO - I went out to Madison last night to try some of the techniques you were talking about in the seminar. I bought a brand new shiny #5 shad rap bluegill to try. First cast by the rocks by the north side launch and BOOM a strong bite. I'm fighting this guy and get him to the side of the boat. It 's a big pike (I would say 5-6 pounds). I'm reaching for the net and snap, the line breaks (the steel leader didn't break). I get to see this guy swim off with my new 6 dollar lure. Moral of the story: listen to TO, and buy lots of shad raps!

By the way, 6 out of 10 casts with weeds? Try 10 out of 10 with weeds. Holy lake strangulation Batman!

Don't be afraid to rip (i.e. abrupt twitching or jerks of the rod tip) your lure as you retrieve. This will help keep your lure clean as you bring it in and also the change of direction in your lure often times can trigger a bite. Oh, ditch the leader too. grin.gif

Any chance of getting the abbreviated version, since I missed the seminar? Are you looking for "lipped" shorelines (more depth at the water's edge?)

Do you have a method for eliminating water?

Thanks for the help - or pointing me in the right direction...

The abbreviated version would be tough. Perhaps you could send me an e-mail at info@tightlinesguiding.com and we could try to work through your questions from there.