Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snowbanklakeguy

Snowbank Lake Walleye During Mid-July

5 posts in this topic

Heading up to Snowbank Lake in mid-july.Does anyone have an idea as to what they (the walleyes) will be feeding on?I'm thinking maybe cicoes,suspended in deep water?Or maybe tucked against steep shelves feeding on...???? Any help would be greatly appreciated.I can always target lakers and pike if I can't find 'eyes though.The last time I was there was early july and we just could not find them.

we were up there in july last year. 5 guys for 4 days, only caught 3 walleyes. the lake is very clear. the owner of the resort we stayed at said the eyes go to 40 feet deep or better. if you fish shallower (15-30') you're going to catch all the rock bass you could ever want. i do know there are trout along the north shore at about the mid point of the lake. we didn't have alot of luck, mostly because we didn't have the right equipment for trout but we marked alot on the locator. good luck.

I usually would catch about 5 per week....very early AM and sun behind the trees PM will bring in fish to more normal depths....unless you are fishing in over 30 feet during the day basically forget about it

Call Smitty's on Snowbank, ask for Denny. Tell him Jim from the Great Outdoors Bait and Tackle told you to call, and said for him to give you the true fishing report, not the Chamber of Commerce spingrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Denny's pretty good about giving out fishing info.

thanks,guys tongue.gif Sounds like you guys are as confused about this lake as me smirk.gif We'll probably fish for pike and lakers during the day,and maybe walleyes at dawn,dusk,maybe night.