• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Son-in-law and I want to try Yankton Friday....if nothing there, will try Sarah, maybe Shetek. Anyone have any news on any of those lakes?

Fished for about three hours and landed and released a nice 26 inch eye pulling plugs

Thanks, Eyewall! We decided this A.M. to go to Sarah first and maybe then Yankton if nothing good.

We spent the morning and early afternoon on Sarah...caught 2 bullheads on our walleye gear!.....everyone we talked to was having similar luck. Fished Yankton until 4:30 PM...caught a fat 6" perch, bullhead and snagged a carp...resident there said fish quit when lake gets green...guess what color it is? Same guy also told us Rock Lake would be a good bet...so we went to Shetek...where the "pleasure"(lake despoiler) boats outnumbered the fishing boats by about 100 to 1...was obvious why. Only good thing was Twins beat MotorCity Kitties 11 to 1.

Went to Rock last night with my 4 year old son, didn't get to fish a lot but it didn't sound too good from the other people I talked to. Caught a couple of catfish while jigging but the water was pretty green. Nobody missed a whole lot on Rock last night.