Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viking

Anybody have grilled portabella mushroom reciepe

4 posts in this topic

My neighbor came over tonight an gave me 4 portebella's about 5 inches round. Looking for a way to do them on the grill tomorrow night at the boat. Lots of reciepes online, but I know someone like Cheffrey has a better one. Would apreciate some help here. I have never done them confused.gif

Wife had me spell recipe wrong... blush.gif

Viking, try your ask in the "sharing recipes" board here on FM.

All I do for ports on the grill is lay them all on a plate with the tops down drizzle olive oil on the underside of the mush and salt and pepper them. The olive oil on the plate should get the tops so they dont stick on the grill. Put tops on the grill first rotate once to get a nice score from the grill. Then turn them over and get the bottoms done. The reason I only oil the bottoms and start the grilling on the top side is that the oil will flame up when you flip them this is what you want to do when the mush is about half done so that it doesn't burn the whole mush, but you do what that smokey flavor. I use a charcoal grill, but a gas will do.This hole grilling process should only take a few minutes. Next to a nice fillet of salmon on the grill and baby red mashed potatoes sounds good to me.MMMM