• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SW metro hunting land

rws77

I would like to find some land within a 30 or 45 minute drive of the Eden Prairie area for bowhunting this year. I've checked out some of the WMA land in this area, but it doesn't look too promising... I'm willing to rent hunting rights from a landowner ( if it's reasonable ) as one of the things I would like to avoid is pressure from other hunters, etc. Up until this point, all my bowhunting has been done in north central WI, but with the price of an out of state license, combined with the inconvenience of driving that far, i would like to find something within a reasonable distance to my home. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good way to go about this? Anybody know anyone out in this area with some huntable land that's willing? Again, this is only for bow hunting in the fall. Thanks for any suggestions.

Welcome rws77,

If you haven't already, look into the MN river areas near Carver, Jordan, or Shakopee.

Also might try to offer to help with some work on the farms to the West or South of you.

The hunting may not resemble the NW Wisconsin hunting you are used to, but heck their will be a few deer out there.