Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muskie_Timmy

Slip Bobbers?

5 posts in this topic

I am planning on goin up to vermilion over the 4th, and i was wondering how everyone is doin, are slip bobbers working good right now? if so, are niles bay, norwegion bay, and other parts of the west to northwest end havin good results currently?

Bite had been good upto last sat/sun eve in Niles & Norwiegn....Mayfly hatch has been intense prior to this cool down...expecting hatch to be hopefully over by this weekend...Big Jim

ok thanks, i have heard that it has been good all year on the west side, minus this last mayfly hatch, but im looking forward to getting back up there.

any tips or locations to try?

had good sucess crawler harness on longer 6-8' lindy rigs...couple beads colored hook, occasional eye on leeches...been working transition areas, rock to sand or sand to mud...8-16 foot edges...if you're out on the far west end on the fourth, look for a 1900 prov white with 200 optimax...swing by & I'll try to help you out...big jim

sounds good, thanks a bunch

actually i will be staying at my cousins place up in norwegion bay, we are in the process of buliding a cabin over on niles bay, but its not quite done yet, thanks agin and ill look for ya out there