• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has the downrigging started yet?

Just wondering if people have started to downrig yet? Are the fish out deeper now? What are the hot plugs this year to run behind the riggers?

Thanks!

I was on the lake Thursday/Friday and did see a few boats downrigging-one charter for a short time. But I didn't see any netting and the few boats trolling were making long runs--didn't appear to be on fish. Before I quit late Fri morning, I scoped a lot of deep mud and saw very few fish. Nothing worth dropping the balls for sure. Boats were coming and going from reef to reef bait fishing. That was fair but some reefs were empty. Things could be different eastward but my neighbors around Bostic haven't been doing real well and a lot of charters had been running to Little Traverse looking for cleaner water. Ready for things to start hoppin!!

Good luck