• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If you could only bring two luers?

I am heading up over the week of the forth and I will be staying on the Canadian side of the lake so I can not bring and live bait. I am looking for good artificials, shad raps and floater have worked well in the past, buzz baits can be fun to. This year I am thinking of using some plastics may be senkos, but not sure of color or size. One of my issues is getting the bait down deep because the water temp is going to be up and I am sure I will mark a lot of fish at 30-40 feet.

Jointed Shad X-Rap

Booyah Buzzbait with trailer hook

Green Pumpkin w/black Flake senko

thats possibly all the lures a man needs anywhere.

When I was there for Memorial Day they were hitting on natural colored plugs that were diving about 12-14 feet over points.

I AM PARTIAL TO JIGS AND TWISTY TAILS; THEY CATCH DARN NEAR EVERYTHING. THE OTHER WOULD BE SOME SORT OF STICK BAIT IN THE 3 TO 4" SIZE.

JUST CURIOUS, WHY CANT YOU TAKE CRAWLERS PACKED IN BEDDING WITH YOU ACROSS THE BORDER?

I did call the Canadians again today and I was told you can bring worms, but that is it. Any one now if there is a resort or anything that I can reach from namakan that sells minnows or leeches.

Crawdad Shad Rap and a Crawdad Shad Rap. I call it the Lucky Luciano. For some reason the walleyes love that lure. It has outdone any lure I have used upthere. When ever we go fishing upthere I make sure I have 4 of them and I charge my friends $10 if they loose theirs and have to borrow one.

The Ontario "Sand Point Lodge" on Sand Point Lake sells a variety of minnows. It is located central Sand Point Lake at the entrance of Clearwater Bay. If you buy minnows there they give you a receipt that covers you having the live bait for the day. Any other information call SPL @ 218-290-6854.

You can get any lure you wish to about 100 feet down(depending on boat speed)with 2to3 ounces of weight and a three-way swivel.It's kind of bulky and heavy but it does catch deep eyes and it's effective for Lakers too.Hope this helps some.........good luck and don't fall in.c63 grin.gif