Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason Boser

fishing report

3 posts in this topic

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report

Another week of excellent fishing. The fish on winnie have been great so far this year. Some days we have a harder time finding the right size but we are always catching something. I have been hitting the bars for the most part in the 21-24 ft of water. At the start of the week I could use a jig and minnow but the last few days it has been mostly rigging with a leech or a crawler with 4-7 ft snells. I have also been catching some fish on the deeper rocks and flats in the 15-18ft with a shad rap. Bowstring and Sand have also been a good bet with the fish in the deeper water with jigs or rigs.

Good luck fishing

Jason Boser

www.mnfishingpros

www.fishingminesota

I heard pulling raps on Pokagama is been good, do you think the recent cooler weather will slow rappin at night for a while or is it still worth trying or should I wait until it warms up again? Also what speed do you think is best?

thanks for any tips.

I hadnt heard of the bite at night on pokie but I cant see after a couple days after this front should be good again. I usually run 1-1.8 mph

Jason