Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Jones

6-26-07 Report & pics

3 posts in this topic

Water temps and musky action have both been heating up. We are looking at 71-73 degree water temps. Fish are going on topwater, spinners and from reports you need to have a bulldawg on most of the time this year. The cabbage and sand are producing the best for us.

Walleye fishing has been good all around with jumbo perch action doing well too. For the eye's concentrate your efforts in the 15-20 foot zone during the day with leeches and crawlers. At night any depth goes, 2-8 foot does the best for my boat with minnows or cranks. Perch action has been good with jigs and minnows on the main lake flats in 7-11 foot of water.

ted39inch.jpg

brian26.jpg

bruce23.5.jpg

To see the stringer pics you will have to go to my www.fishingcasslake.com site and check the reports page.

Until next time!

Hey Brian,

Im heading up to Cass Lake this weekend with the family. We will only have the pontoon with. Are there any spots where a person can bobber and leech fish for Walleyes? It's my first Cass lake expierence.

We are staying at the Norway Beach resort.

\

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hopper

What do you think, Brian? Maybe Cedar Flats? If there is some wind and you walk it over the flats that might pick up a walter or two. If not, it would bring some perch. I fished Cass for about 4 years from a 25 foot Tri-Toon pontoon boat until I traded it in on my Lund Alaskan. Fishing from a beast like that can be tough, especially trying to stay on a breakline.

Are you ready for me Brian? I am stoked, I will see you Sunday morning July 22nd, unless you think a night trip would be better. I don't know how they are hitting up there. Shoot me an email or I will just plan on seeing you Sunday morning around 7:30 ?

Windy