Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fever

skunked on Swan

8 posts in this topic

Fished Swan lake last night. Tried just about everything... T rigged worms, different weights, minus 1's of different colors, several different color and blade variations of spinnerbaits, buzzbait, Comidas (wackyrigged), Deeper DTs (4,6,10's of different colors), Jig-n-craws in browns and blacks no no avail. I did catch a 22 inch Channel cat on a 5 inch white power bait worm trigged in about 3 fow. Needless to say I was a bit frustrated... I heard it had bass in it, now I'm thinking otherwise. Fished from about 5:45 till 8:45pm... What gives? No weeds to speak of with plenty of shoreline fallen timber and tree cover, only a handfull of docks on the lake. Where could they be? Max depth of what? 12-14 feet? Strange... frown.gif

I have only caught one bass on that lake. There might be more there, but it is a small population. smile.gif

I haven't intentionally fished for bass out there for a few years, but we used to catch some in the northwest area of the lake. We used weedless scumfrogs in the shallow bay area with some succes. Beetlespins and rapalas also worked well by the docks, but the biggest fish were caught in thick weeds.

There are monster bass on this lake. Just have to know where to go smile.gifcool.gif

Bass n spear... Drop a hint if you would... I'm puzzled. I seriously thought I gave it a solid effort and the conditions seemed favorable as well. That's the weird part. I was thinking with what I was doing " No way I should be skunked with what I was doing". E mail if you would rather not post specifics. Thanks. Fever. smirk.gif

email sent

Thanks. Back at ya. grin.gif

back at you again LOL