Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VoltarTheFishSlayer

Help a new Minnesotan!!

7 posts in this topic

Hi I just moved to a NW burb of Minneapolis from South Dakota. I could really use some good fishing spots on the river near here. I would really like to get some of those cats. I have caught some small ones at the Coon Rapids Dam. But there sure was a lot of people fishing there. Anyone got any spots for me?

Pool 2 of the sippi. Hidden Falls park has a couple miles of shoreline to walk and fish.

Otherwise the 694 stretch (actually under the bridge is a walking path and there's a mile or two of shore line to fish). I've seen 8lbers pulled from there. I was net boy though.

Crow river has great cats and so does the MN river. The hard part is finding good shore spots, but there are plenty if you look hard enough. Good luck on your kitty quest.

Thanks, I was actually thinking of Hidden Falls as a spot to go check. I will go there today. I'm liking this site already. South Dakota didn't have anything like this:) I could also use some good handicap accessible spots where there is good fishing. Thanks again!

Voltar- Welcome to FM. Check out the catfish forum here. There is a bunch of info in there you may find useful.

Quote:

Hi I just moved to a NW burb of Minneapolis from South Dakota. I could really use some good fishing spots on the river near here. I would really like to get some of those cats. I have caught some small ones at the Coon Rapids Dam. But there sure was a lot of people fishing there. Anyone got any spots for me?

Theres more 20/25 # Cats at the dam than you realize, above it, I saw a 26 a kid had on a stringer there a few years ago, I've got em up to around 10/12 and I don't fish for em. Lots of eaters when you find them, 1 to 3#s. Every shore fishing spot up here has em.

I have been doing pretty well lately. Mostly in the Elk river to Monticello area. If you look at a map or go driving around, you should be able to find some decent shore spots. Probably a bit less crowded that the Coon Rapids Dam. I have been using Cut suckers around sunset to a bit after dark. Good Luck and Welcome to MN!

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try some spots this weekend. Any more info on spots would be appreciated.