Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgreen82

catfish launches?

3 posts in this topic

looking to try the minnesota for the first time. want to hook some cats. can anyone give me some direction what launch to hit and to go north or south. i'll try to find the spots on my own after that. thanks guys.

Ft. Snelling is a good place to start and work your way towards the Miss. look for a rock outcrop with an eddy behind just by the confluence. Good prospect for big ones. You could also hit it from hidden falls on the Miss.

Good luck

I would suggest heading out to the Shakopee launch. Up or downstream is good. There are many more turns, snags and inlets to hold fish than the stretch between 35W and the Miss. It's a little shallow right now but easily passable.

If you're looking for flatheads and want to stay out later keep in mind that Fort Snelling park closes at 10pm and they will tow or lock you in. I left at 9:59pm on day and was followed out by the park staff and they locked the gate. Good Luck!