Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JigStig

Lake Hendricks

8 posts in this topic

About 25 years ago we used to pick some nice, close to 2# perch on Hendricks. I haven't heard any solid stories from there the last few years, but heard through the "fish vine" that they were still there. Anyone tried it the last while?

NO,NOT LATELY. SAY THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING 2# SILVER BASS THERE. LOOK FOR THIS LAKE TO TURN ON IN THE NEXT 2WEEKS. IT USUALLY HAS A JULY BITE. MAINLY ON RAPS.

Actually, they are white bass. Many people call them silver or striped bass, but they are really white bass. However, they can be fun to catch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_bass

They are also good to eat if you gill and gut them right away and put them on ice....then trim the dark red belly meat when you filet them....also good smoked...but what isn't?

Quote:

also good smoked...but what isn't?

Catfish?

Smoking is one way to make catfish edible!

hey jigstick

A friend of my was camping at Lake Hendricks this past weekend. The guy camping next to him brought in 2 perch that were huge. I guess there still are a few perch left in there. grin.gif

A buddy of mine wants to go fishing later this week...maybe we'll try it there first. Back in the '80's the only thing they would bite on jigging was a white tear drop jig or plain gold hook with either a crawdad tail or the lighter-colored half of a nightcrawler. I caught one there that was over 2# back then, plus lots of other jumbos. Thanks for the info.