Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason1

Bass Tournament on Whitefish last weekend

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the details on the Bass tournament on Whitefish this last weekend. My wife and I noticed a lot of bass fishermen on the chain Friday with big name sponsors like Rapala and Fuji Film. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

Camp Confidence Skeeter 2 day touranment. Friday was on Whitefish, Saturday on Gull. Pretty much the biggest touranment each year on both of these lakes.

I think Brad Kline won it. The name is familiar, never met him but someone was telling me that he has won a few boats in his day. I think he had 20 or so pounds each day. Red tail chubs on a Lindy Rig. I'm kidding!

Walleyedan

I thought it had to be a pretty big tournament based on the number teams we saw, and I have to say I was very surprised all of them seemed very polite on the water. I have heard bad things about tournament fishermen in the past but I can't say I seen any rudeness that day.

The tournament had 50 boats not as big as it has been, The guys all try to give the everyday anglers their space, it probably looked like more boats as we were all running hard.

?Yes Dan Brad Cline did win he is one of the best bass anglers in the state.

I ended up in 9th place had a small bag on WF 15.9 klbs and 22lbs on Gull for 8 fish. We had all nice ones on Gull no biggies, could not get anything over 2.5 lbs on WF

I Heard you caught a 3.5 lb bass on Thursday, I should have asked you where! maybe next year.