Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huntin&Fishin

Coordinates

14 posts in this topic

I just got a Lowrance ifinder H2o and just wondering if any one has any good coordinates or names of spots for wallys grin.gif Thanks

I think you're going to have a hard time getting coordinates from anyone.

Get the lakemaster map and it has general coordinates for the flats, rocks, etc. It shouldn't cost you more than $20 or I think the Tut's maps have coordinates too.

If you're not sure where to go, let the masses help you. There should be enough boats around the rest of the year to help you find fishy spots.

Sloppy Joes, Banana, 7 & 5 mile have been worthwhile, especially the deeper edges away from the mud. Try 30+ feet during the day.

I wouldn't trust any coordinates you get from this crowd. We tend to not give up the hot spots. You can ask about tactics, areas (Sand, Gravel, Mud), but that is about as specific as you are going to get on the open forum. Someone may email you them, but even so, you are better off finding your own. Use the main areas as mentioned above, venture around a bit and you will find your own honey hole. Using other people's coordinates don't help you enough because it doesn't teach you the current pattern or specific day's bite conditions. Be flexible and find your own way, you will enjoy it much more than relying on someones coordinates from 2 years ago where they caught 15 fish.

How did you do up there this weekend??

VEXI,

That is like asking what the lotto numbers for next week are going to be grin.gif.

You sure get an A+ for trying.

I would get out to the pond and do like they said above. Soon enough you will build your own way points for hot spots. Then you can report back and let us know what they are grin.gif.

Good luck!!!!!!

I would say asking for fishing GPS points on a publish fishing forum is like asking for someone's bank account information.

The H20 uses the mapping chips. Get the lakemaster chip and use it to identify breaklines on flats or other structure that might be fun to fish. Go from there. Either that or get to know people, fish with them multiple times, become friends, and then they MIGHT get you those coord's! smile.gif

Get the lake master maps and mark spots as you here them on here Sloppy Joes, etc. The main thing is just because someone gives you a coordinates does not mean it is the right spot to always catch fish. Weather, wind, water temp time of year change these things. I don't mind giving out coordinates the main thing you need to know is when and how to fish those spots which I and others tend to keep to themselves. Good luck.

Rodmaker,

My cousin got in trouble with the wife at the last minute. He apparently forgot to ask permission. I told him that was his first mistake, not asking to go with a wife and 2 kids is like telling me your going to give up the hot coordinates, it just isn't going to happen. I swear, I am never going to make it up to ML. I am going to the cabin this weekend (Pelican), but that is with the family, so I will just have to fish there for the time being.

I understand, just seeing if any one is willing, I also bought a Lake Master chip. These GPS's are fun. laugh.gif

Not good. Hopefully he isn't black & blue from taking a beating!!! grin.gif He won't forget to ask permission again!!!!

Good luck this weekend!!! At least your'e getting out fishing!!!!

Quote:

Rodmaker,

My cousin got in trouble with the wife at the last minute. He apparently forgot to ask permission.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. But you have to get out of the house first.

That's my tactics... Hope she doesn't read this.

Nick

yea,.... buddy,.... it's a HE.

Quote:

yea,.... buddy,.... it's a HE.

Guess I should have said "Hope the wife doesn't read this"

Miss under standing tongue.gif