• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi all,

My dad was up at the lake home this past weekend and he said that there was a major storm that rolled through the Marcell area. We lost a couple of big old trees from the front yard. Sad. Some local kids even reported a tornado. Can anyone confirm that?

Just talked to the relatives that live on Graves near Marcell. They have a bunch of trees down, but thankfully no damage to any buildings or people. They could not verify any tornado, but said winds were easily 50 mph. Lots of work to do now in the woods to get ready for deer season. They also said 1 1/2" of rain in a very short time. I need to find some tine to get up that way as I have not been up there this year. Sunnies should be biting soon.

I was on duty last Saturyday night in Deer River and had to wear the "weather spotter" hat for about an hour from 7pm to 8pm. According to the Nat'l Weather Service there was a Tornado Warning and Severe T-Storm Warning. I did see alot of rotation in the clouds, but no funnel clouds or tornados seen by me. 1 person did call our dispatch to report a funnel cloud north of Deer River, but that's where I was and I didn't see anything. We got very little rain in town, but NE of town got pounded all the way up to Marcell. I heard lots of trees down in that area and winds estimated at 40mph +. The storm came in fast and left just as fast. Definitely a tense hour or so with those rotating clouds!

Brian

We have a place between Moose and Deer lake and we lost a big white pine and a couple of old trees. I was outside trying to save my screen house but it got a little to crazy so I gave up and now it is trashed. My antenna that is on a mast also blew over and is in need of repair.It seemed that there was a narrow area that sustained the super high winds. My guess it was straight line winds but the weird part was that it lasted for 20 min. and with how strong the winds were I still had 3/4 of a inch of rain in my gauge. This weekend the work will start cleaning and burning.