• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Education on Minnewashta

JBMasterAngler

I see on the DNR lakefinder that minnewashta is loaded with pike. Couple questions...1) is there a fee for the access (if so, how much)? 2) It also appears that there is alot of boat traffic on the lake, should I be saving this lake for a rainy day or sometime in the fall?

JB--

Yes it's loaded with pike, although most are hammerhandles. It can be a blast though, with enough numbers to keep you busy. It can be a great bass lake mixed in too, with very small numbers of elusive smallies out there. I've never managed one, but I know of people that claim of footballs out there.

Its also easy enough to fish, find a weedline this time of year and cast the edges, you'll hit em. The boat traffic can get busy, but not as nuts as you might think. Good luck.

I'm guessing the smallies got in there from minnetonka somehow?

I wish fishing it during the week was an option. I think I'll wait for a cool/cloudy day to hit it up.