Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iceman73

Sunday Action

11 posts in this topic

The action was pretty good yesterday. We caught a handfull of nice fish (22", 2-25" and a 27 1/2"), and saw lots of other big ones being pulled out by other boats. It was definitely as advertised, the mudflats had good action, but they were all big ones, no keepers that I saw. Leech was the ticket for us. Thanks for the info on the previous posts fellas about the chart bead and red hook. That's what produced for us.

Glad to hear you had a good trip. That's what's this forum is intended to do, make us all better fishermen!!! grin.gif

TrophyEyes,

How did you do over the weekend???

My thoughts exactly Rodmaker! Buddy and I had a blast, even though we didn't catch a ton of fish, every fish we did catch was a beauty and over the slot, perfect! That's why I fish Mille Lacs, for the big ones. Kudos to the DNR for their management of that lake, nothing like pulling up 5+ pound walleyes all day long (assuming you can find them).

NO GO. I spent the weekend buying a crib. Let me tell you, I would have rather been fishing. The little guy is going to be living better than me. But its like the wedding, you just bring the credit card and keep your mouth shut. That or I will never fish again.

Your wife doesn't know your "alias" on here does she?

Your'e right. I remember those days. Just enjoy them!!! They grow up fast. We have a Senior graduating form Gustavus next year , and our youngest is going to be a Freshman at Irondale HS.

Maybe, and if your wife gives you an"you deserve a break and go fishing", give me a call.

I'll Post my Fri results Mon. I have photos from my 6/13 trip that should be showing up in the next day or so.

She does no my alias, but I she thinks that we are all mentally ill for talking about fishing this much so she never checks up on me. She is a psychologist so she might be right. I call it passionate, she calls me obsessed. Oh well. Here is the kicker though. I got an invitation to come up on Thursday, however I was told No because I have to save my vacation days for the baby.

Sounds like our home. They say the same. I think I'm both passionate & Obsessed for sure. Seems like everytime I'm driving home from a day there, I'm thinking how soon I can get up there again. grin.gif

It's all worth it once the little one is here. Of course that is easy for me to say since I made it out this past Sunday and has similiar results. Between 3 of us we had over a dozen fish in 4 hours, and only 2 keepers. It wasn't fast and furious but those big ones are fun to catch. Not many lakes you can catch big walleyes in the middle of the day in 90 degree heat without a cloud in the sky. grin.gif

I wish I had the same luck as you. We went to about 8 different flats and managed 1 23 incher, then headed in to garrison reef and got a 21 and 25 right away. No keepers.