Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SquirrelBait

No FISH and nat bite swollen eye

9 posts in this topic

Ive been on the Ash River for 2 days and we arent catching any fish. I hear the crawlers are getting hit but not my crawlers. Where is a good spot on nam. Also my daughter got bit by a nat on her eye and it is now swollen shut! What kind of nat can do that?? The nats at home only fly around dog peters!! Whats wrong with this place?

thats why they call it fishin and not catchin. Chances are the wallys are quite deep with the high water temps.. Find a 30-40 drop off and vertical jig with a jig and a leech. Think outside the box and try something different. Yes there are nasty insects this time of year, it a fact of life if your camping. Good luck

I heard that a guide took out a boatload of people and knocked em dead on friday on kab. everybody got their limit including the guide! As for the bug bite try some benedryl. I personally caught 12 fish on saturday. 4 of which were keepers. The rest were too big or too small (under 13). I was lindy rigging with a leech and a spinner. good luck and enjoy the lake.

My brother was up at his cabin this weekend on Crane and he called me yesterday to give a report. They fished the Canadian side of Pattsmith and caught a bunch of walleye. Although they didn't keep any because they were all in the 20-21" range, which is legal in Canada to keep one but chose not to. They went to a different spot and did really well with smaller size eye's, with another couple bigs ones (25") that they released. They are there, you just need to find the active fish. Good luck! Oh yeah, the gnats are bad this year. Girl at work here got bit last week and her eye was swollen bad. Looked like she got in a fight. It went down within 2 days though. Life in the Northwoods smile.gif

OK, I found some eyes. No bugs but it sure was cold!! I have been able to catch the fish in 6 - 8 foot of water in wind swept bays just outside weedbeds. I wish I would have brought more than short sleeve shirts and one pair of jeans! What the heck was I thinkin! My legs look like someone took a cheese grater to em!

Welcome to Minnesota!! grin.gif

So Mn has left the shovel season and entered swat.

You must believe that stuff about global warming eh' squirrel? I have everything from a swim suit to long underware in my camper on Kab in may be 90 on friday and snowing on saturday.

I bought my insulated Carrharts on a trip up in June. And then I was the only one to go out fishing. Had to have the store go to the basement where their winter stuff was to dig them out.