Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trout Slayer _77

3 posts in this topic

It was a nice weekend and I was able to chat with Mike a couple times. Geez he's a heck of a guy. I could talk to him for hours.

He did tell me the shoreline you fished when you had all that fabulous luck. I trolled it to look it over but didn't mark a thing on the sonar. We drifted about a quarter of it, only catching a rock bass. I had to get the kids on fish so I headed to Farm and did O.K. with basically the same pattern.

I was wondering if you marked fish on the graph when you fished it. I know you can't always see the fish but when I do good I'm usually seeing something. I'm just wondering how much to rely on it for walleye finding. I tried the spot to learn from it.

Again, its too bad you won't be up there before ice fishing!

Heh Wanderer,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was at a conference all week in Colorado.

My dad said he talked to you and said you found some fish in Farm. I am not sure how well he described the shoreline we were fishing. We fished from the point west past the next small point. We had the best luck out from a red dock and west of the dock.

I don't always place a lot of faith in marking fish, because many times I have caught fish and not seen anything on the graph and other times I have marked a ton a fish and caught nothing. When we caught them along the shoreline, I don't think I was actually marking the walleyes, but there appeared to be large schools of bait fish just off the bottom. It seemed like everytime I marked a school of bait fish, one of us had a bite. That was kind of how I determined the depth to fish at as the bait fish seemed to move up and down the drop off.

We never caught a rock bass at that spot the entire week. The only thing I am thinking is maybe you were to close to the point? Although, the fish could have very well moved out of there by the time you got there.

Yeah, I wish I could get back there before ice fishing but the rest of the summer is very busy!! We go to Canada fishing in August, so I have that to look forward to!!

Where were you catching them in Farm (if you don't mind me asking)? Also, I never received an email from you. Try it again if you like,

I'll email you from home, maybe tonight. Just trying to finish up workin the weekend. It kinda stinks but I'll be comping the days for next week when I get to say ALOHA! for real! Never been there before, wonder how the fishing is???!!! smile.gif

If I was on the correct shoreline, I didn't even graph bait. Thats pretty much what I look for anyway, not really the fish, unless they're suspended.

Email to come.....