• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report 6/16-22 - Rainy & Windy Days

Arrived at Rainy Lake early Saturday evening to beautiful weather. Got out a little bit late Saturday and landed one nice 22" walleye. Had an all day trip booked with Rainydaze for Sunday. Met RD at the ramp at 8:00 AM Sunday in the rain. The rain and lightning ran us off the lake after just 2 hours. We had one hard fighting 20" walleye to show for our efforts. Caught it on a minnow under a split-shot in about 24-feet. We decided to finish out the trip on Monday from 4-10 PM. The wind on the main lake made it unfishable Monday so we headed to the river just west of the bridge at Rainier. After 2 hours, no fish and tornado-like winds we called it a day. Decided to let the wind die down Tuesday and to resume the trip on Wednesday. Finally got in 4 hours of fishing Wednesday morning, limiting out on walleye by fishing Sand Bay humps in 22-feet to 28-feet with a crawler below a split-shot. We released a number of walleye over 17-inches and one fat 18-inch smallmouth. RD showed a lot of patience with me, taking 3 days to complete an 8-hour guide trip. We still battled 6-ft rollers on the main lake around 11:30 AM Wednesday. Thursday and Friday were much better weather wise. Found water surface temperatures during the week between 77-degrees Saturday evening in Black Bay to 56-degrees Wednesday afternoon around the north side of Dryweed Island. Best lure, by far, was a size 10 glass perch colored husky jerk. Thanks to RD for the education and to Bill at the 1-stop for all of their help.

Hey Buddy!

It was great having you. Weather of course was a bit sketchy, but oh well! Not worth a lightning strike I guess huh! Glad we were able to get your trip in and land some nice eyes! Give me a shout next time your up! I'll be sure to put on my wind jacket! Ha! Take care and Good Fishing! Hey send me your email address again to [email protected] I think you should give Ice fishing a try! At least we'll be able to get into the heated house then.

RD