Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
srj

Big Jet

4 posts in this topic

Anybody fishing west of Garden on Friday when the big military jet circled? I was over towards Knight but that thing was huge, slow and low! When it circled, I thought it might be going in for a crash landing. Finally headed off to the south or southwest. Weird.

The fishing was not good on the rocks around Knight but pretty good for the dirty water on the rocks to the west. Most of the charters were fishing Little Traverse looking for a little cleaner water.

Yeah, he made a couple circles over Springsteel as well... Must have been doing some training from the base over in Grand Forks or something... and yes, it was big!

I was off of Knight Island that day and up by Garden later in the afternoon. What time did you see the jet. We missed it, but we're probably distracted by all the flies that we're in the boat that day.

The fishing wasn't great. Everybody was milling about from place to place on Saturday. I tried multiple reefs, and even went up into Canada to fish some of the reefs later in the day on Saturday and it was just slow everywhere.

Ryan

Hines R, it was somewhere around 1:00. There was a good bit of radio chatter about the plane. Going as slow and flying as low as it was, when it circled I really thought it was in trouble. Seeings it didn't, the whole thing was pretty cool.