Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down Deep

Rare week-end without wetting a line.

3 posts in this topic

A have to go to birthday party, wedding reception and a grad party put an end to about 6 straight weekends (some extended) of wetting a line this weekend. The wife, of course, told me missing one weekend wouldn't kill me, but when that overcast lasted almost all day on Saturday I began feeling very ill. Today I'm just sitting here @ 11:00 AM waiting for my sweetie to get ready so we can go and wish the newly weds a happy future. Why anyone would get married a third time is beyond any good sense that I can justify, and they shouldn't have a reception on a weekend in the middle of June. A Wednesday in the middle of April would be much better. So I hope you all are having a great time this weekend.

Down deep, I know where your coming from. I've had those weekends before. My wife tells me the same thing "Missing one weekend of fishing won't kill you". How does she know? grin.gif Hang in there, we feel your pain man.

I know it sounds harsh but I have told her flat out that I won't be heading south (to the 612 area code) until the birds do. She has me from middle of October until the end of April and M-F. The summer weekends are mine!