Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Walleyes R Us kid tourney

7 posts in this topic

I don't know if that is what it was called, but it was fun. Bought my twin 7-year olds and they had a good time. We caught 8 sunnines in 3hrs -- They got bored but that was ok. -- and we got off the lake a little early.

Each kid won a door prize a bag full of fishing tackle. My twins won a fishing pole for last place in the weigh in -- just 1 pound each -- and they were so excited and proud. One of them also won a tackle box.

The tourney was on Middle C and I just wanted to thank EVERYONE that made that possible. What a great bunch of people to do that for the kids. It was our first time going and we will be back. They had tons of free water and pop and a snack for the kids and parents. What a great bunch of people.

Thanks again to everyone that made that possible.

I would like to join that Walleye club someday -- need to wait till T-ball is done in a year or two -- I understand they fish on Wednesday Night (T-ball night).

Does anyone know anything about that group?

Hitman

Hit ,,Yeah it's a fun deal. You fish wed. nights,and some sat. am's Usually a different lake everytime and a tourney in the end of august. I, like you have too many kid projects and work lately so haven't done it for two years. I think you can look up John Dockter in Moorhead and find out more.

Thanks -- I would like to do it -- It sounds like fun -- just have to get the kids through T-ball.

Anyone else connected to this?

Is this the right name of the group?

Hey hitman, glad the boys had a good time. Hopefully you can make it again next year. Its a wonderful thing for the little fisherman in the area. We had an excellent turnout this year. The Kids tournament is put on by Walleyes-R-Us fishing league with most of the credit going to John and Darla Dockter. They do an excellent job in getting donations so each kid gets prizes.

The regular league has been around for many years and has outings generally in Becker and Ottertail counties. We do have one this year on July 21 at Devils Lake. We usually have 5-6 Wednesday evenings (6-9 pm) and 5-6 Saturday mornings (8-12) per year. Different lake each week. $10.00 per person per outing with around 10 - 20 boats each week. Its nice because you can fish only one outing or all of them. You can fish with you kids one week(we also have a kids division), and with your buddy the next week, and by yourself the next week. Very flexible. Its a great way to learn new lakes. Many of the areas elite walleye fisherman have used our league to hone their skills. Plus you will meet some of the nicest guys in the area. Our next outing is this Sat. on Ottertail.

Sent me an e-mail and I will get you all the info on the league. I can also get you a standings sheet from the kids tournament last week.

Later

Brewer

Brewer --

Thanks for the response. I was in Devils Lake for a couple of days and I just got back. I would like to put something in the paper -- the pic people took of all of the kids and the results -- can I get them.

What is your e-mail?

How can I get a hold of the Dockters?

Read your post about DL. Sounds like you had a great time. Its a wonderful fishery.

You can e-mail me at scottb@northernpipe.com.

Later

Brewer

Brewer -- you have mail, my Brother.