• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

best shores fishing spots of the north metro

i am new to the twin cities area and am looking for a good shore fishing location to bring my kids too. all the help is appreciated! thanks

Try the VFW pier on White Bear Lake...lots of fish, Northerns, bass, and occasional walleye and muskie. Crappies at nite and if the kids are little, you can't keep the small sunnies off the hook, and once and a while, the sunnies can get a little bigger. The boat traffic for the marina can get nasty at times, but this is only if you are casting farther out. If the kids are small, the can just drop line off the side of the pier.

If you want to do a 2 in 1 deal you can go through the chisago chain and fish at various lakes...I've always done well at chisago and norther center for sunnies, crappies, and a few bass from shore. Then you can end the trip at the st. croix river. Let the kids take a dip in the water while you catch a list of fish ranging from sturgeon to suckers.

My kids have liked Bennett Lake (Central park in Roseville). Usually some small sunfish around the fishing pier, especially on rainy days.

Sucker Lake in Shoreview allows no boats, canoes, or float tubes but is a class water for walleye, pike, bass, and musky. Stick with the main lake and there are several big fish to be had.

694 area on the Sippi - plenty of shore line to fish by the ramp. Paths going up and downstream, but you should be able to walk along the shoreline now.