• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Metro bowhunting land?

onthefly

I'm looking for a spot (like 10,000 other guys) to hunt in the north metro. I usually drive up to a state forest by Finlayson, but I'll be working on an MBA starting this Fall and won't have that kind of time!

I'm not looking for specifics. But, if you have had success with landowners or finding deer on heavily pressured public land (Carlos Avery!?), please fill me in. Thanks for your help!

Try the river bottoms in the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge in Zimmerman. I have only hunted it twice for about three hours apiece with nothing to show. There is some nice trails down there though. Make sure you get a map because some areas you can't hunt and some areas you can. Hope this helps.

scouted carlos avery today

saw 3 does 1 buck and 2 fawns 1 turkey. different areas 1 buck and 2 does were without even going into the woods. I almost stepped on the two fawns and the other doe was about 100 yards in. Remember this was within a few hours i believe if you go for a full day and stay still you might be lucky in carlos avery.

i shot a doe last year there in a different area of where i went today. ALOT OF BUGS though.

i have also had luck in rum river state forest. but not for the past 2 years i didnt even see anything. then again it was RIFLE season