Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wildlineman

Crestliner Fuel Fill Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I need some help. My Step-Dad is having a problem when he is filling up his Crestliner 1650 Fishhawk with gas. He says that he has to fill the tank very, very slowly or it "spits" out back at him. It sounds like a venting issue to me but where would the vent be located so that it can be filled at full gas pump pressure like I can on my boat?

I have the same boat and it took me awhile to figure it out. The vent is right near the top of the fill hole. THe solution is having a funnel that gets past the vent and goes directly into the tank. I bought a simple funnel that has an angled spout that goes into the tank and it solved the problem entirely. If filling up at the pump, just make sure to put the spout as far into the tank as possible and it will work.

Wow, thanks for the speedy detailed help! I think this will save my Step-Dad's sanity after buying a new boat.

Again, Thank you!

Good fishing to ya,