Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
GFNER

MUST BE A SIGN ON MY BOAT

GFNER    0
GFNER

Was on the mud Thurs. and can't believe some people. My Great uncle is fighting a fish and these two guys with two women in the boat come along side us and turn 3(THREE!) feet in front of me! Felt like ramming them but didn't want to knock all the beer cans off the side of their Lund. Left that flat and went to a spot by ourselves....ya right. Another boat shows just as my young nephew catches a fish...oops. We start working the same spot(no problom) he's trolling south,Im trolling north.I think we're going to pass by each other when all of a sudden he turns RIGHT in front of me! Then he looks at us from nearly inside my boat and asks me how it's goin? All I could do was shake my head. Thinking of constructing some kind of floating barbed wire fence out about 10 ft. from my boat.Any ideas?

meathunter    0
meathunter

This is part of fishing and it seems like its always the guys with the big fancy boats that dont know how to fish that do this. Next time try fishing on monday thru thursdays and keep your rod down when landing a fish this seems to help. I call these people VULTURES.

fishkid    0
fishkid

we went out on saterday and started bobber fishing while every body pulled spinners around us. we cought fish and they got closer and closer we pulled up the anchor and found 3 spinner rigs on out anchor rope. thats how close they came to us lol.

Iceman73    0
Iceman73

Was out yesterday all day on Sherman's and 7-mile, and there was a boat, a Guide boat at that, that would honestly get within 5 feet of other boats. Everyone else was drifting along the edge of the flats, and this yo-yo would backtroll his way basically on top of other boats. Out on 7-mile there was a boat anchored and they were producing pretty good in their spot. They even had a double with 2 kids maybe 8 or 9 catching both of the fish. Mr. Guide backtrolls basically right next to them, literally you could have jumped from one boat to the next. How he didn't run over their slip bobbers is beyond me. I mean come on.

Mo Gator    0
Mo Gator

A buddy and I were making drifts on Sherman's yesterday afternoon. There were only 4 or 5 other boats in the area, including a Lund tiller that backtrolling. There was plenty of room for everyone to stay spaced out, the fish were all over the place on the top and edges of the flat. These guys backtrolling would repeatedly come within 10 ft of our boat. The driver at one point said "we want to fish by you guys, ha ha ha". Then we hooked into a big one and were fighting it when all of the sudden my buddy goes "whoa, look out!". The backtrollers were 5 ft from our boat alongside the console. The guy says "Oh, you guys don't worry about it, I'll take care of it, you just worry about catching fish". He had the tone like I should have been getting out of his way!! I just shook my head and proceeded to catch the fish. This guy had the attitude that people drifting should be getting out of his way while he backtrolls! confused.gif

minniwinni91    0
minniwinni91

was out on 9 mile I was trolling north and south along the edge and it seemed like every 20yrds a boat cut infront of me if that's not bad enough they would stop when they got a fish so then I would stop being polite thinking there going continue to keep trolling after they land the fish nope there go's the anchor and I have to reel up and go around him. i could only stand about an hour of this before I left.

Iceman73    0
Iceman73

Mo Gator, you sound like you were out there the same time as me. Everyone else seemed to understand the concept of spacing but the guy in the big gray boat that was backtrolling. He had his name and phone number on it for guide service. Pretty sure I'd be mortified if I was in his boat and he was driving that way.

Neiko    1
Neiko

My idea is to have a blow horn sitting by you and when they ask how you are doing. You can let them know by using the blow horn. Put it down and then politely apologize because you didn't realize they were that close.LOL

Mo Gator    0
Mo Gator

Iceman - I know who you are talking about. That wasn't who I was having trouble with though. It was 3 guys in a smaller Lund tiller...was it you? blush.gif

Schnauzer    0
Schnauzer

welcome to Mille Lacs. This phenom isn't new and it isn't fun. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it is the large size of the lake that makes people feel comfortable doing things like that... like they won't be seen again so 'who cares'.

I could write a book of short stories filled with my similar experiences dealing with selfish schmucks out there. Bad fishing manners are always worse on Mille Lacs compared to other smaller lakes I regularly fish.

BoxMN    15
BoxMN

On the flip side, we found it quite peaceful out there last Friday, but the wind was blowing a bit from the east, and we were on the west side. But there were still plenty of people around. We were on Sherman, on the south end, so maybe not a hotspot, but we went there because we figured the fish were biting everywhere (heh!) and didn't want to go close to others. Over the course of the day, many boats pulled in there (we did not go anywhere else, just stayed in the area) but nobody was rude and when we did happen to be close, we cheered on some kids who caught fish, and said Hi to most of the boats.

There was one PWT pro who motored in pretty close, and we just said howdy, and there was one other guy who flew in with his Ranger 620 and caught one fish, then motored out maybe a bit close, but no biggie.

We had a good time, and caught a dozen or so very nice fish, and didn't try hiding nets or any of that stuff, and everybody out there seemed to be doing likewise. I wasa bit surprised, but it was totally a great day all around. Maybe we got lucky smile.gif or maybe we did not catch enough for people to think our boat was a good place for their anchor, ha! And we had two boats fishing together, so maybe we had our own "pack".

tbags    0
tbags

It is a sad thing. I am sure we all have lots of stories just like this. But I also think sometimes it is in the eye of the beholder. I wonder how many times people in this forum are talking about the other guy who is complaing about them. There is plenty of water out there. Give some up to the vultures and make your own path. I think it is terrible to have to put up with but it is part of the deal. We always check things out before we wet a line. Always look for the least crowed spot on the lake, sometimes it seems like the fish are doing the same!

RonZych    0
RonZych

I had the same boat troll past me and hook on my anchor rope two different times. grin.gif

I didn't pull it up until we left. Got two bottom bouncers and some spinner rigs.

MuleShack    0
MuleShack

I usually only run into the rude boat control (or lack of) out on the mud. rocks or gravel have never had an issue.

Had one guy the Sunday we were staying at Sunset Bay out on the mud...We were the only 2 boats on the back side of a fairy large flat on the east side of the flats. We started out seperated, then the wife catches a fish. before i could get the hook out and release the fish and turn around to go over the spot again, this boat was on the spot. So I turned around and proceeded to head up the flat edge again working in and out and my dad gets one...these same yahoos practically put the autopilot in HI gear to get to that spot before i could turn around again. After the third time they pulled this, I kept yelling and pointing saying "Here, Here, quick i just caught another one, If you need another spot to fish". After about another 3 of those they went away.

I was thinking if you had a video camera in the boat, and someone pulled up on you that close, just film it and tell them your making a promo for (Contact Us Please) on the water or something.?