Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LMITOUT

Collinwood?

5 posts in this topic

Anybody been to Collinwood lately? I haven't been there yet this year and was wondering how green the water is by now.

I have not been there either and usually would have made 5 trips. If its like the past years, green slime everywhere.

it is very green and slimy already

I tried it this morning. It's green, but doesn't have that slime yet....the stuff that hangs on your line and everything else. Just green and no big chunks of algae floating either, but it won't be long. It really wasn't that bad fishing in it today. Fish could have cooperated better, but the water didn't make it a hassle as far as cleaning your line, etc.

This lake is getting out of control, and i dont understand why people can help out to get it back to a cleaner lake. There is some great fishing in this lake, its just a matter of what the lake is going to look like when you go out there. I have been there at times, where you dont even want to get a line wet, becuase your reel is going to be junk when your done.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• jiggin9
      Thanks for the info.  I searched before and after this thread for any old threads on this topic.  I got nothing before and this thread is the only one that pops up after.  I will keep looking online or stop at one of the big box stores.    Tight lines. 
    • CaptJohnWis
      J-Roy,  I use UL rod and 4 lb a lot when throwing jigs. I have found that the lighter the jig head, the more fish bite and the more you hook. Wind will mess up using light jigs though. When fishing heavy jigs, cranks, top water or spoons, I use heavier line and rod. If fishing weeds need heavy line as well.   Hook ups/bites is much higher with lite jigs. I missed about 50% of hits yesterday using 1/2 oz head. Landed about 90% of hits a few days ago when using 1/8 oz head. Tough to fish 1/8 oz on even 8 lb line so I stick with 4 lb .
    • DJ_Slick
      oops - duplicate post.
    • DJ_Slick
      We've got the old Lakemaster chip in our Lowrance 10" unit (circa 2008-ish, I think).  The Lowrance is the generation before the HDS, but I forget the exact model.  Since getting that Lakemaster chip, Lakemaster was bought by Humminbird and their chips are now only compatible with Humminbird  units.  You might be able to find a used chip somewhere, but be sure it's from before the Humminbird acquisition.   Navionics is the only other option for Lowrance that I know of. Regardless, there have been several 1-foot soundings done in the recent past, so be sure that whatever you get has that level of detail and you should be satisfied.   There are several old threads on GPS chips for LOTW...use the search box at the upper right of your browser and type in "LOTW chip" (without the quotes).
    • J-Roy 1969
      Also noticed or heard you say your using 4 lb. test line. Is that correct?? We used 10-12 mono and 15  flouro.  We sure love this lake. Can't sleep for next three weeks waiting to head up there LOL
    • J-Roy 1969
      ago ·  Hey guys, I'm new to this site. Trying to learn more about this lake. My brother and I fished there last July 9-16-2016. We did good on all species, especially like and walleye. We had several rallies on smallmouth, but never put a solid pattern together. My brother had a 4 and 5 lber. On perch shad rap. I caught many 1-1/2 - 3 lbers on uvibe speed craws. Suspending jerkbaits caught all species well. I've been checking this site and Mr. Johnwis has some great info and video. If any of you out ther could help us get on them big smallies, we would greatly appreciate it. We're from southwest Louisiana and we'll be staying at island view lodge July 22-29 . Thanks and this is a great site    
    • J-Roy 1969
      Hey guys, I'm new to this site. Trying to learn more about this lake. My brother and I fished there last July 9-16-2016. We did good on all species, especially like and walleye. We had several rallies on smallmouth, but never put a solid pattern together. My brother had a 4 and 5 lber. On perch shad rap. I caught many 1-1/2 - 3 lbers on uvibe speed craws. Suspending jerkbaits caught all species well. I've been checking this site and Mr. Johnwis has some great info and video. If any of you out ther could help us get on them big smallies, we would greatly appreciate it. We're from southwest Louisiana and we'll be staying at island view lodge July 22-29 . Thanks and this is a great site
    • LoisBrowder
      So, funny pictures!
    • ZachD
      In my eyes anywhere on the Rum is great for smallies. So far this year everytime I have been out the levels have been great even after all the rain we had just had to wait a couple days and the water was great. I put in at the Anoka fair grounds and travel up river
    • ZachD
      (Too much mercury may affect a child’s behavior and lead to learning problems later in life.) That would explain some of the backwoods people     All jokes aside I would limit it to one serving a month for being pregnant or breast feeding for Bass, Catfish, Trout, Walleye, northern like they say   "Young children (under 15 years old) and fetuses are more sensitive to mercury. Too much mercury can cause lasting problems with understanding and learning. But studies show children benefit developmentally when moms eat fish low in mercury during pregnancy. "   Just because you are not glowing doesn't mean its necessarily healthy for a fetus it takes awhile for it to build up in a healthy adult that's just my           Methylmercury exposure in Wisconsin: A case study series” (2005)
      This articles describes exposure of 14 people who at fish two times a week or more and one person who ate no fish. "Three of the individuals reported vague subclinical symptoms such as mental confusion, sleep difficulty, balance problems, or visual disturbances, which improved after their mercury levels returned to