• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey, I read a report on some bears getting into garbage on a houseboat. Any tips on how to store garbage on a boat while overnight camping. I was suprised that those pesky buggers would climb up there. I would just as soon keep the 200lb racoons away from my stuff when I come up. frown.gif

Whats up? We were told by the houseboat company to keep our FULL garbage bags on the top of the houseboat. We really diden't have much garbage at all, we burned our paper and boxes. I think the sent of the trash and maybe the sent of the grill had something to do with the bear visits. The Park rangers said that this time of year the blueberries are not quite ripe yet and anything other than grass gives the bears much more fat right now. Having said all this, I think our visit was just a one time happening? anyway, it might be good to store all of your trash on the roof of the houseboat.

Both houseboat rental companies make regular complementary delivery runs out onto the lake. Even if you don't need anything, have them stop by and pick up your trash.