Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skis

Park Rapids in 2 Weeks!!

21 posts in this topic

Just counting down!! Heading up to Home Bay on Bottle Lake July 7!! Kids can hardly wait and neither can I!!

Any reports for Bottle? Anything happening on Big Sand otherwise?

Jonah, if you have a free afternoon, you're welcome to come fish with me. It would be a pleasure to meet you!!

Nevis in four weeks for me. I might have to come up before, because I can't wait. cool.gif

We will be coming up to Eagle and Potato Lake, will be arriving on 7/21, and staying for the week. What can I expect for this time of year. We will be fishing for walleye, northerns, panfish. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

potato has great this summer. stop in at northern bait when you get into town and i will help point you in the right direction. Jonah

Jonah: Any reports for Bottle? I'm guessing no because it does not get fished hard and it's just us "tourists" grin.gif

Might have to spend a day on Potato???

Jonah-

Do you ever get any reports from Little Sand? I'll be up there in the middle of July and am hoping to put my family on some fish.

Last year we caught a lot of northerns jigging/lindy rigging/slip bobbering with creek chubs and red tails.

Same as most people, I wouldn't mind finding the walleyes, but I have only ever seen five caught in this lake in my entire life!

We typically fish the north shore of the lake concentrating near Northern Star and the point a little further East.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. If it would work better, I could check with you when we stop in for bait.

Is there a good place to park (easy to get into and back onto the road) the truck/boat at Northern?

Thanks!

Quote:

Is there a good place to park (easy to get into and back onto the road) the truck/boat at Northern?

Thanks!

The whole west side of the street is wide open for parking with a boat in tow. Not hard at all.

hey skis the "tourists" were catching eyes on the marked point on lower two weeks ago, and some nice fish at that but i havent heard much since. potato would be worth a look a would imagine.

Water hazard, Smallie Sweetie and I were out on little sand about a week and half ago and she caught a really nice 17" smallie and really fat 25" walleye both on the point just west on the access. i caught a 13" eye in the same spot, only could fish for a little while she had to work. I was really nice to spend some time on the water with an old friend and catch up on what had happened in her life over the last six month or so. Which reminds me she will be back from a week long trip to Texas. so make sure if you are stopping at Zorbaz to say hi. I think she gets home friday or sat and will start working one of those nights. Jonah

MB was that a date on the water? what a gentelman to let her out fish you as well she must be allright if she likes to fish.

Hope all is well Have you spoke with luke he had good trip to Leech he will have to fill you in on but I imagine he already has.

Good Luck

Farmer

Thanks Jonah! I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Jonah, Zorbaz: Beer specials during the week?!? cool.gif

Drive by Zorbaz going to Dorset to eat during the week. Gonna have to stop this year!!

I'll be stopping at Northern Bait on Saturday the 7th. Look forward to meeting you.

hey farmer, it wasn't a date (although I wish), in fact she was in Texas visiting her current squeeze, it was just a great chance to catch up with her doing something we both enjoy. and yeah luke called about 2 minutes after he landed the fish. how are things in St.Peter?

skis, zorbaz has a monday mirco special but other then that i don't know; i will ask Jenna to post when she gets home. if you come in on saturday maybe we can meet up at Zorbaz and have a few. Jonah

3 days, 7 hours, and 40 minutes until we leave (not that I'm counting!!)

Well, back from my vacation. Things went very well.

Jonah, it was nice to meet you at Northern Bait, though it was short!! Your "tip" on Bottle proved huge cool.gif

Caught a 23 & 24" walleye during the week (both released after pictures were taken. My brother-in-law caught a 22" walleye. I ended up catching about a dozen walleyes with some of them being throw backs, but they were walleyes.

My 7-year old son put on the clinic this week, catching 7 keeper walleyes for the frying pan. He would have had 9 keepers, but net man knocked one off the hook (me confused.gif) and had another spit the hook just out of the long stretch of the net man.

Also fished for Northerns on Thursday and Friday. Caught 6 Northerns in less than 2 hours on Thursday and caught 3 on Friday. All of them were caught pulling plugs.

Great time had by everyone. Thanks to Home Bay for the wonderful resort. Reservations are made for July 5-12 next year!! If anyone is looking for a place to go with their family, I would recommend Home Bay. Yes, they are trying to sell the cabins off privately, but the owners don't anticipate having them all sold for several years and both of the cabins that have been sold rent their cabins out as well.

Can someone help me figure out how to download picture on this website? I'd like to show some pics confused.gif

Quote:

Can someone help me figure out how to download picture on this website? I'd like to show some pics
confused.gif

Here are the directions from the Photo Sharing section:

1. First upload your picture to a picture hosting site, such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

2. Now you have them stored, goto your picture you want to share,

3.Click on the thumbnail and you should get a picture the fits to the page( if not you can use thumbnail or resize).

4. Right click on the image you want to post.

5. At the bottom select properties.

6. Highlight the web address in properties( NOT FROM ADDRESS BAR) and copy.

7. Write what you want for your post.

8. Wherever you want the picture click on the Image link( Instant UBB Code).

9. Paste the address you copied from the properties.

10. Submit Post

[image]C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2007-07-16[/image]

Let's try this.

Code:

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2007-07-16

This?

http://www.(Contact Us Please)/photopost/data/500/thumbs/100_5175.JPG

Help again? The last one I attempted to download was the picture I put on another website (Walleye Central), but it shows Contact Us Please?

Hey skis email me the pict, jwinter2@gac.edu and i will get up for ya. glad my advice helped you out, and it was a pleasure to meet you at the shop. It is a pleasure to meet all you guys thanks for stopping by and supporting our local economy. Jonah

Just sent you an e-mail Jonah....Thanks for the help!!

Had a great stay up on Little Sand this past week with my family. The weather was just awesome (until we needed to load the boat up for the return trip yesterday). We managed to catch a number of bass, northerns, panfish, and even a walleye.

Largemouth - 18", two 15", and many smaller

Smallmouth - 12", 10"

Walleye - 14"

Northern - 18" and a mid- 20" broke off on a missed netting

Stopped into Northern for bait mid-week. The guys there were friendly and helpful. Angie and I had a great time visiting with you Jonah. Thank you for the information! We tried that shoreline several mornings and evenings from 11' to 30' without any luck. We managed one smallmouth bass and a sunfish.

We tried to concentrate on dropoffs and deeper weedlines. The wallege, northerns, and bass were mostly in the same area (holding on a little hump where the shoreline went from 18' up to 11' and then back down to 18').

We tried redtails (no luck), leeches (sunfish), Rapalas (the 18" largemouth), and nighcrawlers (everything else). We were trolling, slipbobber fishing, Lindy rigging, and jigging.

All in all, it was a great trip!

skies i will have picts up this afternoon. waterhazard it was great to meet you, sorry the fishing was slower then i guy would hope for but glad to hear you had a good time. Jonah