Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SledNeck

Is Sugar Point Public landing safe??????

7 posts in this topic

Will my truck get broken into if I park at this landing?

Are you talking about the Battle Point Public access? If so, then I personally haven't had any poblems. I have been there a couple times recently and have not had a single problem. Just be smart about what you leave in your vehicle etc. There are a lot of higher end houses and new housing developments in the area, which means some watchful eyes. Good luck.

Yeah, its on Battle Point (technically)but the DNR map says Sugar Point Public access. I was the only vehicle there today, so I just went and launched from the Sugar Point Resort. Landing is kind of steep, but the owners were really cool about everything. I called a "certain family owned" resort on the south east side before I decided to launch at sugar point and some crabby dude answered and said its 10 bucks to launch IF they have room. I asked is it busy this time of year and he said no, not till the end of july.....WTH then!! LOL whatever!

I have stayed at Sugar Point Resort for many years and they are always great. It is steep but, your truck will definitely be safe there.

I've used this launch a lot over the years and never had any trouble but you always wonder...

Just take everything out of the truck, as long as there is nothing inside you should have no problems. I do this at every boat landing, the problem is becoming more evident statewide, not just in this area. I even just leave it unlocked now, that way you wont have broken windows when you return. Happened to me last summer, (not on this landing), guess that bag of shorts and t-shirts was pretty important. Now I just take everything out of my vehicle and even leave my doors unlocked and have never had a problem.

Heck, you could go one step further and remove one battery cable (or install a cut-off switch). Least this way your empty and unlocked truck won't be missing.