Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
st6fireman

Headed to Cass

8 posts in this topic

Hoping to find out how the fishing for eyes and perch has been on Cass. Headed up there June 24-30. Staying at Wishbone resort. Also bringing my young girls and was hoping to get them on some panfish. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey there Fireman,

Our family has been going up to Wishbone for 20 years. This is our 20th anniversary at Cass. Bill and Lois will take great care of you as will their son Ron and his wife Linda. If this is your first time up at Cass I would strongly recommend you getting in touch with Brian Jones who is on this site and book him for a half day or full day on your first day up there. We have been using Brian since he started his business 5 or 6 years ago and he and his father fish Cass non stop. They are on the lake almost every day and he will show you how to fish Cass, where to fish and what depths to fish. He is a wealth of knowledge as well as a polite and friendly young family man. Give him a call or just post on this thread, he is always talking to people on here. He will hook you up, no pun intended!

Windy

Gene,

What size boat do you have? Will be up in a few weeks and not sure if I can make it under. How is the water level going through? I have a deep V with full windshields.

My buddy and a guide both have pretty decent size boats and they make it under so I think you'll be ok.

Jperch,

What do you want to get under there for anyway. Pike has not done much, as far as I can see, for the past 5 years. Maybe Geno can shed some light on this matter. What's the dillio Geno? LOL

Windy

Can't speak for your time of yr (July/Aug), but in June all the seasonal guests at our resort (many oldtimers) spend lots of time in PikeBay. We never have done any walleye fishing in there in many years, but I also know one guide who really loves to hit Pike so I think it has lots of potential.

So much water...so little time!

Wow,

I did not realize that so many guides pound Pike. I havent found an eye there for years. What are they looking for? Perch or toothy critters?

Windy

I see more big 'eyes than toothy critters come out of Pike.

We go in for Perch and Rockies. Only went once this yr for a half-day. Got some of each but not enought to make it worth another trip. Our other boat found big gills in Allen's so we joined them instead of trying Pike again.

Another of the chat-guys hit Pike pretty hard for 'eyes and like it alot. Maybe I'll have to follow them in one day.

We ran into 'em all over the lake. They were on the feed during our trip. Good luck on yours.