• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

June 23

Walli1

Everything is a go,boat is fueled bait is staying cool in the frig and I'll be backing my boat in the water is less than 8 hours man am I pumped, another sleepless night! smile.gif

Hopefully you'll still be out when I get on the river...

You don't mind tailing you right??? wink.gif

What a great morning to be on the water and the fish bitting was a plus, got 6 nice ones for the oil and 2 C&Rs

PICT0098.jpg

PICT0097.jpg Trying to take a photo of a walleye alone is tough not a very good pic, the saugeye turned out okay! NICE TO SEE YOU FWA!! HOPEFULLY YOU PUT SOME IN THE BOAT!!

Nice to hear...

We hit the riv this a.m. but in search of smallies once again, didn't get out till 6:00 and fished until 10:00. I suppose we caught and realeased about 25 or so, a few nice ones over 15". Sure was a nice morning, and can't wait to go out after the eye's next time! Buddy even got an 18" largemouth, crazy.

I am new to the river and would liek to give the st croix a try, where do you suggest I launch my boat?

Was out w/tunrevir Sat. a.m. 6-11. Caught some smallies, couple of nice crappies, fun with a big pike. My first time out w/tune and first time in Franconia area. Beautiful weather scenery and weather. Randy, thanks again for the trip, had a lot of fun. Anyone get's a chance to fish w/tunrevir, do so. He know's his stuff and he's good company in the boat. take cars and good fishing.

What a difference between yesterday and today, today I took two guys out and we could only manage to catch 1 (one) legal walleye, seemed the shorties had the run of the place, its amazing how many are just shy of 15" ( 14 1/2 - 14 3/4) but its nice to know by fall they will be legal fish. We found a school today that everyone was just under except for one 15 1/2. After all said today the river may not of gave up any sizable fish today but it was alot of fun. There's always next weekend!

Quote:

I am new to the river and would liek to give the st croix a try, where do you suggest I launch my boat?

I like to use the Bluffs. I you buy a Washington county park pass (I think it was $25 last year) it's good for a year and you can use it other places. Plus fishing is decent out of the bluffs.

Quote:

NICE TO SEE YOU FWA!! HOPEFULLY YOU PUT SOME IN THE BOAT!!

After you left, we worked your area for another 30 minutes. No keepers except for a couple sheepies. Thanks for the hooks!! We did manage 2 in the 17-18" range earlier on the other side and had several shorties over there, too.

Speaking of a new day, my brother and I headed to Pool 4 where we had a guide trip last Sunday. We only managed 1 keeeper and several cigars. The conditions, water temp, air temp, skies, were identical to last Sunday, so it was very disappointing. I officially don't get P4 anymore confused.gif , and vowed to not go back until the fall. I will work on the croix the rest of the summer because it's way closer to home. wink.gif

I'm going to be able to finnally get out Mon. morning for some long over due fishing. Could someone tell me what the preferred bait is the bite best above or below the Afton area. Thanks in advance! HTB