Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWMuskeye

Like glass......

6 posts in this topic

The wind forecast is set to be 1-3 MPH tomorrow-it'll be a rare like glass day up there according to a few websites. Who is heading up tomorrow?

How has the northern mud been going?

I am trying to. But it may be Sunday, which may turn into a scorcher. Can you say topwater smallies???? Hope they are active.

It has been fantastic. However, I just got back from the pond and the bite has noticeably and progressively slowed down over the past week (at least for me). If you go to the right areas and work the correct presentations, you're still going to catch fish. It's just not going to be the "bite of the century" type action we've seen over the past few weeks. Most of the public landings are still jam packed though, so expect the worst in terms of putting in and getting out. It was already a mad house this afternoon, and will only get worse tonight. To be honest, it was kind of nice to get back to the peace and quiet of the city. smile.gif

youre lucky you can fish on a weekday! i am sentenced to be a weekend warrior which works out to saturdays because im old and need sunday to recover...

ill be on the south side tomorrow. thanks for your reports.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Friday started out as a reallly slow day for my boat of 4. We fished the south end covering Spririt, Sloppy Joes 4 mile and ended up on the very eastern tip of Indian Point/Rainbow island. With the SE wind the fish were tough but in the 4 - 9 PM hours things picked up considerably. Had a few trophy fish and many slotters. Only managed 4 keepers. The leech outfished the crawler 10 -1. Until we went to slip bobbers, we had a tough time. The 9 foots snells and spinners just did not produce as well. Wishing I was going back today, have fun!

Hoping to get out tomorrow for the day, sounds like it's going to be a hot one. Thanks for the report, good to hear you got some fish.