Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wmn luv me walleye fearme

lake ann in chanhassen

10 posts in this topic

was going out fishing sunday afternoon. figure most of the places I normally hit will be packed so was wondering if anyone knows if there is usually room for a trailer spot on Ann on the weekend. (trolling motor only lake so was hoping not as packed)was also thinking about riley or lotus but think I might be shut out there. Cant get out until 1 so thats probably the worst time

I have always found room... but you never know. 1:00 on Sunday is primetime.

You can almost always get a trailer spot at Ann, Plus the fishing is pretty good! I've taken some larger bass and a few pike over 30"... Good luck and happy fishing!!!

got a spot at 2 in the afternoon, have had good luck there in the past but its been 3-4 years. Not exactly prime time for fishing either being 2-6 in the middle of the afternoon. Between 3 of us caught about 10 sunnies couple crappies, tried going after bass/pike but no luck. It was just nice fishing without all the jet skis/ski boats buzzing around you

How much does it cost to get into the park? And is the channel connecting ann and lucy lakes navigable (by canoe at least)?

No cost to get into the park. Must portage into Lake Lucy.

Ya, the channel... I've been able to paddle right through it when the water is high, and it can be a pain when the water is low. Some (please contact us) that lives on Lucy thought it would be a great idea to try and dam up the channel with 2x4's and plywood to try and keep the Lucy a private lake. Not thinking that it might hurt to lake, sence then it has become shallower from the sedimant building up and the fishing has gone down hill at least for pike.

How long has the plywood been there? I'm surprised nobody has complained to the DNR or park officials about it yet. They should be out there taking that down ASAP.

Its been there since last fishing opener... Would that be a DNR issue or woul dyou contact The City Of Chanhassen Parks and Rec??? I've even taken pics of the damage...

I would imagine the parks and rec dept. The damage is done on their property.

I hate when people do stuff like that. Many years ago I remember a guy build a wooden dock that stretched across the entire backwater channel of the vermillion river to prevent boats from going upstream. It didn't last long, I'm guessing either the sheriff took it down or it washed away in a flood.