• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fall hunts

harvey lee

So, does anyone have any archery hunts lined up for outstate and if so where and for what?

I've never hunted out of state, but I'd sure like to try. I'm looking into some WI stuff, but it kills me to pay $160 for a tag. YIKES!!

yes Andy, the outstate tags can get a little spendy. I hunt ND every year and purchase 4-5 tags annually and it does cost. I'm lucky enough not to have to pay for lodging and have a ranch to stay and hunt at for no charge.

I will be in North Central WI on opening weekend. Othere then that it will be MN no-quota bear and MN deer.

I hear you Powerstroke but some other states like Illinois are really pumping it up for out of staters. $365 if I am not mistaken. I would love to go out West some year for an archery elk hunt, even if its just for a cow! The experience itself would be awesome.

Quote:

the outstate tags can get a little spendy. I hunt ND every year and purchase 4-5 tags annually and it does cost.

I am hunting ND near Mandan this year with a buddy on a 1000 private acres. I have bought my over the counter white-tail either sex tag/license for $215. The landowner is fine with us shooting a buck as long as we take an honest attempt at also shooting a doe. I can understand this.

My question is does ND have a specific tag for does only (like MN does with bonus tags?) or do I just have to purchase another tag/license for $215? I'd like 2 tags then I can save one for one of the dandy bucks the landowner has seen the pat few years and another for a doe. If all else fails I will make an attempt to shoot 2 does if I have the proper tags.

Since I am licensed do I just need to purchase another tag for a reduced Non-resident rate?

North Dakota Game and fish has not got back to me regarding this issue.

Thinking about going to Ohio for a hunt this fall, if everything pans out. I do hate to leave my backyard when there is so many good bucks here. Grass is always greener you know. smile.gif

Knute

When the rifle lottery is over, there will be some first come, first serve doe tags for $50.00 each. Depending on the zone you are in will depend on just how many there will be. Usually, alot of tags left. Watch the North Dakota game & Fish website and they will post the remaining tags per zone.

Thanks Harvey. Is this also true for archey? I should have stated I was bow-hunting.

Nevermind that last response, I figured out what you were saying. It just took me a while to get there...wow. Thanks again.

Heading back to NW ND, have a muley or whitetail either sex tag. hunting sept 15th-22nd this year. Shot my first muley last year at 3yrds. Only a fork but what a rush, sitting on the ground. For anyone who is looking for affordable hunts, you can still find some unguided hunts on some of these ranchs for as little as $500-800 a week. This may not sound affordable but for anyone that has booked trips outstate thru an outfitter knows what a steal this is. More home work but well worth it.

Heading out to Idaho in Mid-September with some good friends for my annual and their bi-annual archery elk hunt, it should be a great time!

We are heading back to north east wyoming for our annual mule deer/antelope trip. $273 for mule deer, and $238 for antelope

I'll be heading to WY for an elk hunt in Sep. I can't wait. I'm also really looking forward to hunting some new land in ND this year wink.gif.

I'm looking forward to having you Scoot. smile.gif It should be a good fall of bow hunting.

I am heading to Alaska over Labor Day. We are going for 6 days. My Dad lives in Wassila and a guy that does work for him is a local and is taking us out. We are going after caribou. I'm getting pretty excited. And the best part is I only have to pay airfare and the tag. We I have been shooting 2 to 3 times a weeks for the last 2 months. Has any body been up there? Not sure what to expect.The guy that is taking us was a guide for many years on Kodic island and has shot many karibou. Did I mention I'm excited

Chad

Hey good luck to all you guys. This is my fall. Sept 1 WY. bowhunting deer. Oct 4 Gilliam, Manitoba moose hunt, but that is wiht a rifle or bow, going to take them both with.

Not an outstate hunt but and buddy and I are talking about camping in a non-motorized area for and week and bowhunting and fishing. It will have the feel of a big trip, but you're only a half hour or so from home! grin.gif

Brian

I wouldn't be so averted to the price of tags if I had an idea of the area or had a place to stay at the least. It just becomes a very expensive trip if you're not able to do some research or know someone out there.

I would love to do some combo hunts in ND/SD and I would love to try for Elk and Moose. I think a Archery Moose hunt would be my dream.

Mt Elk hunt for me 10 days in MT near Helena. Hopefully everything goes how it is suppose to. I might get back into bowhunting for whitetails if I have some time this fall that is the biggest problem for me. Anymore room in your camp Harvey wink.gif. Maybe I can work a trip out to the Watford City area for a mule deer time will tell.

My need for hunt is more dependant upon my having time to hunt. Working construction and getting jobs done before freeze up don't always allow alot of time for hunting. For the rifle season I have that taken care of but if I get myself back into archery more again which I would like too I might be.

When archery season gets closer and if you have the time, we may be able to work out some weekends or weekdays.

Sounds good we'll see how everything shakes out.