• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FBL- Fun Bass League (Revised Schedule)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Brelje

• Deitz Dittrich

• ole matty

• shorefisher

actually Ethan- The deep bite was off, I only caught 3 fish deep.. It was tough, caught the remainder of mine on shallow wood and docks(my bigger fish did come deep however) Biggest was 19.5"

• 2 weeks later...

It's Official, this last week at Big Marine was my last event for the year. I just want to thank everyone that has been part of the FBL. It was a lot of fun!!! Enjoy the rest of the year

Thats for the idea dan.. and thanks for putting it together..The last 3 weeks will not be as fun without you!

Thanks for putting this together Dan. I have not done this much bass fishing in a few summers and it made Tuesday worth looking forward to more they ever have. Man did I miss it this week but hope to get back to it next week. Hope we get this going again next summer as it has been great fun. Have a great fall Dan and hope to see you around some time for hard water. I keep my perm near the chanel on green if you have time look me up for a little hard water fishing its right out your back door grin.gif Any way great idea and thanks again!

thanks zach, i will definately be home for hard water season smile.gif

its was 93.5" caught 4 very nice fish right away 2 19, 18 and 17. then bunch of small bass after that. then another 19 on carolina rigs. gave me a good fight tho it was pike. but bite shut down after that till 8pm finally caught 2 small ones. its my first time catch all bass from deep. none from shallow.

r we launchin from south center access or?? if so i will be launch from north center acces will meet u guys at sc access at 845ish.. its will be my last event for sure...

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys, I hope everyone had or is having a nice run to end the open water season. I'm just posting to let you know im thinking of sending a email out about the "likes and dislikes" of this years FBL. We had a lot of success this year with the FBL and i would like to get your feedback. If you would like you can post right here too.

I think we may have a good thing going, and i believe it could be better too. Feel free to post any thought or ideas you have that you would like to see with the FBL.

It was all good..... moving the start times up to allow a little more fishing time might be something to consider. Giving the Big Bass point to the person who catches the fish instead of giving both people in the boat a point would help break up the point standings, help avoid ties, and would make the points race more interesting IMO. A staggered blast-off instead of all boats blasting off simultaneously may be something to try too.

All in all I thought it was great the way it was. But anything can be better. Maybe add a few of the other lakes in the area to the list so we do not fish the same lake as much Kroon, Comfort are a few. And as you said in you e-mail $1 per. event for a little prize at the end would add some fun also. Any way the best thing about it for me was I got out at leat once a week no mater what grin.gif and got to meet some great people. So no mater what you set up count me in.

I think I am interested in hitting up a couple of these events next year. Does anyone have a schedule set up as of yet? Also, Dan, could you email me a copy of the scoring sheet so I could take a look at it (tom.dobbins @ amec.com). I fish out of a small lund but this fall my buddy bought a newer, bigger boat and I think I could pretty easily talk him into joining up as well. From the look of things on here, it seems to be a pretty popular little series.

Tom

need more varies lake to fish from mayb a trip up to rush lakes. i think first and last event shld be held on chisago lake as its one of best bass lake in east central if not statewide.. as for money i think it shld be left out it wldnt be a fun bass league if its had money involved. just my 2 cents

Thanks for the replies guys. Lets keep them coming.

polar81,, To be honest you don't really need a score sheet. You just need to right down the fish you caught and how you caught them. Then at the end you add your 5 longest fish for a total.

Hey Dan,

How's school going? I like the idea of adding more lakes, maybe one a year to Rush,Big Carn., or Coon, though they're a bit farther away and I've never done any good on them. How bout a couple a fall outings on the St. Croix upper pool(above St. Croix Falls)- good smallie fishing, and a whole different fishing experience. Maybe even throw in a couple Wis. lakes like Wapo or Balsam(trying to keep it close).

Had a great time this year and learned alot about the lakes in my own backyard. And keep the money out. Changes what it's all about,IMO.

rascal(Ethan)

I'll 2nd Ethan's idea of fishing the upper Croix once or twice. Otherwise, I liked the rotation we had. Fewer lakes means better knowledge of those lakes. Because everybody gained knowledge on the lakes we fished this year, we should see some really good competition on those lakes next year.

IMO size of the lake should be a major consideration in whether we should incude it in our rotation. We had as many as 15 boats at the events last summer. N & S Center, Big Marine, Chisago, and Green are definitely big enough for that many boats. Some of the other lakes would make for pretty crowded conditions both on the water and at the ramp.

Definitely planning on getting into FBL next year if this thing continues. I just got a bigger boat and if I can get it to go faster than idle speed I will be out every week. We got out almost every week on a weekday anyway just to avoid the pleasure boaters. This gives me a schedule and yet another excuse to bug out of work early to go fishing.