• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FBL- Fun Bass League (Revised Schedule)

What is the FBL? The FBL is a free bass league for learning and having fun, with a little friendly competition.

How does it work? Show up at the landing for the lakes listed below and be ready by 5:30pm. Measure and record ALL bass caught and record on score sheet (email me for sheet). Throw back all bass immediately after catching and measuring. Meet back at landing at 8:30pm and share scores and tacticts.

Who is it for? The FBL is for everyone. We have a little scoring system just for bragging rights that is set up for the catch in each boat, whether you are a single boater or a team of two.

The FBL is off to a great start. A lot of fun has been had along with the endless amounts of learning from other anglers. If your debating showing up because you can only make an event or two, SHOW UP, it has been a blast.

*Here is a list of the remaining events. We tried to avoid any other clubs/tourny's/etc.

JUNE 26th-- CHISAGO

July 3 N/S center

-10th Forest Lake

-17th Big Marine

-24th Chisago

-31 Green

Aug 7th Big Marine

-14th Chisago

-21st N/S center

-28th Green

If you have interest or any questions please email me at danbrelje @ yahoo .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Brelje

• Deitz Dittrich

• ole matty

• BassAkwards

I like the fun and the free bass league. I had a great time when out there 2 weeks ago! Guys if you are available it is a low pressure thing, you get to meet fellow FM folks and learn about the lake you are fishing! I don't fish bass on a regular basis but I had enough fun out there the first time around and learned alot that I am looking forewards to wetting a line with these guys again! Lots of good info and just plain fun, thanks guys for putting it on. I look foreward to getting out again with you all!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

New schedule looks good to me grin.gif Maybe I will beat my last Tuesdays score 12" total for top five (1) fish crazy.gif

i think we need more younger ppl involved with the league as its free! i m sort tired of being around old farts! grin.gif

I've talked to a couple buddies and i think one might be in for sure with a boat, and one in w/ me for the remainder of the year.

Whats old?? I was not that old of a partner was I? Are you fishing alone on Tue night?

Can you e-mail me the form so I can print some out? Can I get directions to the boat ramp we are using Tue night?

NB

Hammer- I'll forward you the stuff....

Chisago Boat access is just off of HWY 8.. take HWY 8 till you can see a grocery store on your left called Brinks... take the Right hand turn right awawy(same as if you were to take a left into Brinks parking lot) go straight till you hit water...

Thanks Deitz!! Hope to see many of you tomorrow

Deitz and Dan,

I'll be there with a special guest.

Hammer,

Just FYI the road you turn on is Shoquist. Then go across Stinson Ave to the Launch.

Looks like a good chance of rain for tomorrow. We will fish rain or shine unless it is severe weather. Those who've got rain gear should bring it...

Hey Dan I just emailed you for a copy of the record sheet.

Hopefully I will make it out on Tuesday, but it depends on if I will be required to be present at the Taste of Minnesota or not. confused.gif

Which access will the meet up place be, the North Center or South Center access?

Oh and I guess I would still qualify for the "younger crowd" lol smirk.gif

See ya there (hopefully)...

We will Meet at the public access on South Center for this tuesdays event

Too bad I won't be showin up this tues as I m campin around waterville area.. I guess I wld say deitz r lucky cuz I know I wld be followin him around the lake cuzz I know its his "home" lake! I bet he will win with more than 80 inches from drop shot and stupid rigs! Go deitz I m rootin for u! Lol..

Thanks Matty... however, I doubt the numbers will be that high. I would put the winner around 75". I would be willing to bet that Mark C and his partner will win it, His partner lives on the lake. I would call Chisago my home lake.

Hello all. Been lurking for a while and the desire to try a casual "league" finally pushed me to register. I'm hoping to make it out to the N/S Center event tomorrow night. I've sent an email to Dan asking for the details. Myself and my father will likely be coming out together. As neither of us have ever fished any type of league before, can anyone offer some advice of do's and do not's so we can limit the opportunities to make fools of ourselves?? smile.gif Also, are you supposed to launch before the 5:30 start or at 5:30 with everyone? Thanks, I'm really looking forward to the event! I hope we are able to make it.

CJ

Oh, I almost forgot. My dad and I fished N/S Center for the very first time last Sunday, and we got skunked in a big, BIG way. 6 hours of fishing from 6:00am to noon and not a bite. Spinners, Traps, Shakey, Texas, Carolina, anything and everything in depth from 3' to 30'. So, seeing as how this is a "friendly" event, any small tips about the lake that ppl might care to share???? Common..... wink.gif

Apache- Great to have you on FM!.. And you and your father are welcome to join us at the FBL(Fun Bass League)All we require is each boat have a bump board for measuring fish. Most have the boat launched when they get there. I usually have mine sitting in the water by about 5:10, sometimes earlier.

This time of the year, the bass can be about anywhere. If you see docks, some may hold fish. Lilly pads, may also hold fish this time of the year. The weedline bite is falling apart as the weeds are dieing. But if you can find some green weeds, they do can and will hold fish. There are a few rock piles out in both lakes.. They may hold some fish. It all really depends on what the weather will give us. I tend to do better on dark colored lures out there as far as plastics are concerned.

The only other requirement... Have fun!... And be willing to share what worked and what didn't work for you when we get back to the boat landing.. we usually have a post event meeting where each boat shares what they did to catch or not catch thier fish.

Apache-

Got your email, let us know if you have any questions deitz didn't answer. Just show up, have fun, and share stories.

Dan, I also have not fished in any leauge I am a avid walleye fisherman Mostly bigger waters, I have ocasionally fished bass, would like to try something like this. but my concern is my boat, a 2025 pro-v, w/bunk trailer. Some places dont allow power loading. will I be able to launch, or better yet, get it back on the trailer at some of these landings. I've had some trouble this year at some public landings. Thanks much.

Mark C. will be fishing with his son tonight. The boy finally got a tuesday night off to fish. I have not been on south center for ten years. I think I will follow Deitz tonight,LOL. Good Luck everybody, Mark C.

Let the Deitz train begin...LOL

Eel, you should not have problem at south center, or chisago. Green will be an issue unless you use the little green access, don't know about FL and Big Marine.

If there is not lightning tonight we will still be fishing.

There is a tornado warning for the area till 9pm tonight... If the weather stays as is... This is supposed to be the Fun bass league.. and the weather will not make it fun.. If I had to guess I probably will not be attending.. unless the weather changes.

Thanks for the reply I'll keep an eye on the sky and go from there. This surely sounds like a low key deal (my Style) Hope to see you there this week or next Thanks