• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

will be going to washington on saturday morning, any one know where their bitin? what their bitin on? any help would be appreciated. also if anyone knows of an online map of the lake or anything. thanks

might want to try the minnesota dnr website for an online map. good luck

I am new to the area and would like to try Bass fishing on Lake Washington. Any suggestions for rods, reels and bait to get started? Fish around the docks??

Any help would be appreciated.

SKEETERLOVER ,I WOULD PICK A DIFFERENT LAKE TO FISH I WAS THERE TODAY, AND I WAS DISQUISTED BY WHAT I SAW(NOT A STANDING WEED TO BE FOUND)WHAT A WAIST OF WHAT WAS AN AWESOME BASS LAKE. WON'T BE LONG AND THERE WILL BE NO BASS THERE. BUT HEY A LEAST THE LAKE ASSOCIATION MEMBERS CAN SWIM OFF THERE DOCK, NOT THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN A SINGLE HOMEOWNER EVER DO IT.AND TRUST ME I HAVE SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS ON THE WATER THERE "KEEP SPRAYING EM" THIS SITUATION WILL LIKLEY FIX IT'S SELF..... AND IF NOT JUST BLAME IT ON THE TOURNAMENT GUYS.....mad.gif

The last years wwhen they have sprayed the lake for weeds they have had a almost total wipe out of the population of all weeds.

Yes, there are some very nice panfish in this lake and sometimes you have to do your homework to find them. I dont know of to many lakes that have sunnies and crappies that nice and also in the numbers that Washington has.

Its still a great panfish lake. Seems like I can usually catch bass when I dont want care to or when I'm not targeting them.

I would try an area just nw of Bakers bay deepest hole around 14fow coming up to 8. Another spot that can give you some fish is the shallow area around second point and grassy island.

When I have to search out the panfish I will use a smaller spinner with a crawler and slow troll and usually you can find some active fish.

I AM MOST CERTAINLY NOT SAYING THAT I CAUGHT NO FISH TODAY I CAUGHT A FEW, "NOTHING LARGE OF COURSE" BUT ALL I WAS GETTING AT IS THAT OF THE COURSE OF THE LAST FEW YEARS ALOT OF WHAT I CONSIDER SOME OF THE BEST CABBAGE IN THE AREA HAS VANISHED, THE SLOP HAS BEEN WIPED OUT IT IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE FOR LESS EXPERIANCED ANGLER TO FIND GOOD COVER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY QAULITY BASS

I AM FAMILIAR TO THE AREA IN WICH YOU ARE REFERING TO IN BAKERS AND IT IS A GOOD SPOT. ALTHOUGH I DID NOT FISH THERE TODAY, I HAVE CAUGHT A FEW PIGS THERE IN THE PAST. ALL IM SAYING IS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THESE SPOTS ARE OR CAN'T REED A GRAPH REAL WELL YOUR PROBALLY NOT GOING TO DO REAL WELL. BECAUSE WHAT I CONSIDER GOOD CLASSIC BASS COVER IS GONE! SORRY JUST VENTING A LITTLE BIT ,JUST UPSET BECAUSE IT IS MOST CERTANLY NOT THE LAKE IT WAS 5 YEARS AGO! NOT EVAN CLOSE! AND TO ME THAT IS TO HIGH A PRICE TO PAY TO HAVE A CLEAN SHORELINE FOR WHAT WAS AN TRULY AWESOME LAKE

I have never fished the lake and was thinking about trying to find some pan fish on thursday or friday. Does the lake turn nasty green or is it like most of the lakes in the area. Any advice would be great.

Lucky crank

Hi I have fished Washington for aprox 30years and the cabbagge used to be alot better than in recent years when all the curly pond weed set in the cabbage started to vanish in areas where it used to be. When the association started to spray for the curly pond weed I was beginning to seed cabbage where I had not seen it in years. I can not tell you how this year has been as I have not been on the lake much due to work,family, Millacs and Leech fishing.

Good Luck

Farmer

GENERALLY SPEAKING THE WATER COLOR IS USUALLY PRETTY CLEAN

I STILL WOULD NOT HESITATE GOING THERE FOR PANFISH BUT AS OF LAST WEEKEND THE WATER WAS I WOULDN'T SAY GREEN BUT RATHER A STAINED BROWNISH GREEN COLOR...