• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deep Tail Dancers

Schnauzer

I have fished a lot of open water with Reef Runners. I want to add the deep Tail Dancers this year. For those of you regularly pulling deep Tail Dancers on Mille Lacs, which of the two sizes do you prefer or most often use?

Thanks much!!

I would purchase the TD 9 & 11 to cover water depths of 20-30 ft. Perch, and the new rainbow color should work well.

The td11 in the Blue top chrome sides is my confidence lure. I wouldn't troll without one out. I got the td9 but haven't used it yet.

I own both sizes and I use the TD 11 most of the time. They dive faster and will get way down there if ever needed.

Rapala has come out with alot of the chrome colors that would work well. I have the blue chrome, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

thanks for the help everyone. I used my lunch hour to start off my deep tail dancer collection with 4 #11's. The colors were a little picked over but I did get two silver flash, one blue flash, and one hot flash.

I'm looking forward to having more guys in the boat so I can run two Deep Tail Dancers and two Reef Runners at the same time. Otherwise I will just have to run one and one (with my usual two anglers in the boat)or switch around if it just me. I've done my share of open water trolling on Mille Lacs, I just haven't expanded my horizons beyond Reef Runners 'til now.

Don't forget firetiger.

I prefure the #11's.

Deep tail dancers are a great bait, but I wouldn't be caught dead on Mille Lacs without a silver shiner imitation shad rap in the water. This is by far the best trolling bait I have used on Mille Lacs. The new glass shad raps are good too. Good Luck all.

GoggleEye